We're looking for an Account Director to join our team in London (currently WFH) as part of our Sales function.
You will be responsible for managing and growing revenue for a set of existing customers within our Growth Sector Segment consisting of Corporate clients within our Financial Services, Infrastructure, Pharmaceutical & Tech & Telecoms sectors.
DeHavilland is on an exciting journey to build on its unparalleled reputation for political monitoring, providing greater intelligence and insight through our expertise, research and relationships. Our new account director role is a central part of making this strategy a reality, in recognition of the expanding range and complexity of solutions we are able to offer our existing customers, and our laser-sharp focus on providing clients in our growth areas with dynamic opportunities.
When applying for this role we encourage you to include a cover letter along with your CV.
- Ownership of key relationships within our largest growth sector customers
- Commercial responsibilities for renewals and selling of additional product/custom research solutions
- Communication within internal departments tied to customer delivery
- Revenue Target Performance against Renewals, New Product Sales, and Custom Research Services
- To build multi-functional contacts at a senior level across the organisation including Public & Regulatory Affairs, Communication & Strategy & Finance Teams
- To understand the main business drivers and needs of the organisation and feedback to the business in order to support new product development
- Create account plans to uncover growth opportunities
- Must have a degree in Politics or a strong understanding of UK Politics
- Ideally 6+ years account management or new business sales experience
- Familiarity working with large, complex enterprise customers
- Background in selling business intelligence & bespoke solutions
- Effective communication skills both internally and externally
- Exhibit strong account management new business capabilities
- Proven history of achieving sales targets on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Ability to build sales pipeline and accurately forecast revenue on monthly and quarterly basis
- Capable in identifying customer challenges and connecting them to product/service solution
- Experience with Salesforce, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Experience in creating & delivering account plans
- Strong proposal writing and presentation skills
- Proven track record of selling new business into existing clients
- Proven track record of excellent client management skills
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We believe politics shouldn’t happen without you. We bring expert clarity to the changing political environment, enabling our customers to enhance their influence and anticipate risks and opportunities.
We’re a brand with the autonomy to make changes quickly, but with the support of a larger organisation. This enables us to constantly refine our political intelligence and research services and gives our employees the freedom to explore and develop.
DeHavilland is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?