We’re looking for an Accounts Payable Payments Specialist to join our Finance team in London and carry out key administration activities for the group’s global payments function and Corporate Credit Card program.
Your duties will include;
- Manage weekly global payments for approx. 38 payment runs including Bacs, Sepa, Western Union, ACH & Wires Payments, Chaps & Faster payments.
- Investigate and resolve returned payments.
- Ensure the Business Audit controls are maintained at all time.
- Build relationships with offshore Accounts Payable and Expense team and Business Finance teams
- Prepare weekly reconciliation of payment funding to Western Union.
- Perform daily supplier bank details verification checks.
- Manage 2 Corporate Credit Card schemes, including new applications, cancelling cards, actioning credit card limit changes in line with Business Authority Matrix.
- Maintain a monthly credit card tracker of new/cancelled cards.
- Prepare monthly expense liability reporting for delinquent cardholders and outstanding credit card holders.
- Liaise with cardholders to submit claims and escalate for unsubmitted balances.
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other activities you are required to deliver.
The successful candidate is likely to have experience of the following areas;
- Likely educated to A level/degree level, with previous experience in a similar payables or finance team and recent exposure to global payments.
- A strong communicator and team player with good IT and Excel skills and keen to continue development in a finance team.
- Highly organised and has excellent accuracy and attention to detail. Able to work on variety of tasks on a daily/weekly basis. Able to use own initiative and ability to multi-task across a diverse role managing multiple deadlines, fixed and dynamic
- Able to work closely with colleagues both in person and remotely and enjoys working with diverse range of people, including senior management
- Flexible and proactive with tasks and responsibilities
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing. We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?