We're looking for an activewear and sneakers Strategist to join WGSN’s Active apparel and footwear content team. The role is an integral part of WGSN Fashion’s content function, it will be based remotely in West Coast America, working with our global team and reporting into the Active Senior Strategist.
The Active Strategist is passionate about the activewear, sports and sneaker market. You'll demonstrate a good understanding of trend forecasting, design, market analysis and new performance innovations. You will be from a fashion design, research, trend concept or buying background and have had a maximum of two to three years’ experience, commensurate with a junior role in a brand, manufacturer or retailer. You will have a clear understanding and enthusiasm of how data and analytics are playing an increasingly important role in trend forecasting.
- You'll primarily focus on personal content creation
- Researching, creating and delivering world class, visually inspiring, solution driven content, in visual, written, video or presentation format
- Forecasting and tracking with quantitative and qualitative data across global markets, demographics and all levels of the active apparel and footwear sector. You should be just as interested in Target as you are in Off White or Salomon
- Understanding, covering and delivering visual and written information on a wide range of Active areas including: colour, materials, womenswear, menswear and footwear
- Producing presentations of research and analysis, you will be delivering internally and externally to WGSN’s global clients
- Working with WGSN’s consultancy business Mindset, when required, to deliver bespoke research, insight and workshops to clients
- Travelling nationally and internationally (when possible) to cover industry trade shows, conferences and other events as required
- Acting as an ambassador for WGSN nationally and internationally (when possible) by speaking at global conferences, seminars and events when required
- Working with the WGSN commercial teams to support client relationships by sharing and presenting our analyses and responding to client input
- Delivering traffic growth by consistently evaluating internal data and client feedback to improve content standards and relevance
- Contributing to overall content team objectives and accountable for specific personal content goals
- Providing quotes for press and broadcast media as required
- Brief and manage freelancers on specific projects when required
- A strong knowledge of the activewear and sneaker industry, and the ability to pin-point trends that will impact these industries and their consumers
- Proficient use of Adobe Illustrator to create CADs for design direction
- You will have a strong command of written English and the ability to deliver concise copy, making the complex simple and actionable
- Demonstrates an understanding of design processes to drive consumer focused innovation and future trend aesthetics
- An understanding of the role data and analytics plays in commercial success, with experience analysing data
- An understanding of the role consumer insights plays in trend forecasting, design and commercial relevance and success
- Technical knowledge of performance textiles and materials
- Ability to take ownership of personal assignments, prioritise workload and provide support to other members of the team when needed
- Excellent organisation, communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work within an international team to ensure production standards, reports or outputs are a consistently high standard and submitted on time
- An ability to present trend concepts to internal and external audiences
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with Global Sales, Client Services and Marketing to help facilitate sales and engagement
- Excellent market knowledge and awareness of customer needs
- Technical skills: Google Workspace, Adobe Creative Suite, Social Media platforms
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 15 days of holiday per year and an extra day for each year of service up to 20 days
- 401K – Saving Incentive plan
- Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vision benefits
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Life Assurance and Disability insurance
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane.
If you’re passionate about fashion and lifestyle this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high performance company.
WGSN is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?