We’re looking for an Analyst for Youth & Womenswear in Hong Kong and Singapore with a focus on the APAC region, who has proven experience to join our content team. You’ll be from either a Design, Trend Concept or Buying background.
The role requires an agile, flexible and engaged individual who is able to confidently deliver on different types of projects and content simultaneously. From writing long form trend reports, feed posts and actionable copy to independently researching cultural collaborations and translating trends. You’re a positive self-starter, passionate about trend and product design as well as fluent in all things social media. You’ll be able to come to the table with fresh ideas, a laser focus on the APAC region and be ready to see this through from concept to delivery.
This role gives you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high performance company.
- Responsible for trends research and analysis in the creation and publication of Womenswear and Youth content, delivering concise written trend reports showing a clear understanding of the subscribers’ needs
- Be a pivotal link between local team within APAC region and global fashion team and be confident in championing and sharing local insights
- Active participation in the content for WGSN trend days
- Liaises across the editorial team and key functions to educate on the scheduling of published reports, ensuring clear communication of what/when/how
- Act as a department Ambassador both internally and externally
- Contribute to overall content team objectives and accountable for specific personal content goals
- A proven ability to sketch and CAD, with good Adobe illustrator skills
- Deliver consultancy projects as and when required with Mindset Advisory teams
- Participate in client facing meetings
- Travel globally for industry events such as festivals and tradeshows
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of the Womenswear and Youth in APAC region across design and buying from premium to commercial trends
- You’ll have a nuanced understanding of Gen Z/youth culture which encompasses digital trends, social media (such as instagram, tiktok, weibo, wechat, chingari) the related internet landscape, brands, fashion, music, lifestyle. With an awareness of how to translate this into product direction
- Feel comfortable acting as a spokesperson and brand guardian – from attending networking events, providing quotes for press and broadcast media as well as participating on panel talks and commenting on industry trends when necessary
- Expert level of experience in writing, editing and reporting within design, buying or content creation
- An expert understanding of the role data and analytics plays in commercial success, Ability to analyse data and pinpoint trends that will impact the market
- Proven quality of research and personal output
- Ability to take ownership of personal assignments, prioritise workload and provide support to other members of team when needed
- Excellent organisation, communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work within an international team to ensure production standards, reports or outputs are of a consistently high standard and submitted on time
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with Global Sales, Client Services and Marketing to help facilitate sales and client engagement
- Be able to confidently feedback customer information from APAC to Heads of Departments and Directors
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- Annual leave
- House and rental tax benefit
- Fitness subsidy
- Private medical insurance
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane.
If you’re passionate about fashion and lifestyle this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high performance company.
WGSN is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?