We're looking for an Associate Editor for Kidswear to cover maternity leave, who has had experience in the kidswear market and is from either design, trend concept or buying background. Based in London, Hong Kong, Shanghai or Sao Paulo for around a 9-12-month contract. Reporting to the Editor, this role is associate level and ideal for an individual with 2-4 years’ experience.
- Contribute to trends research and analysis across Boys, Girls, Tween and Baby (ages 0-13) with a focus on apparel, footwear and accessories
- Deliver concise written trend analysis reports showing a clear understanding of the subscribers’ needs
- Retail trend analysis reports showing an understanding of subscribers’ needs
- Support the team in the research and creation of Kids Forecast reports
- Creation of original cad work for Boys, Girls and Baby apparel, footwear and accessories categories
- Commission freelance content for publication, with direction from Head of Kids
- Travel globally to report on industry events such as trades shows (if restrictions are lifted)
- Collaborate and support the Kids team on wider content projects as and when required
- Contribute to WGSN's Fashion Feed
- Contribution to overall content team objectives
- Excellent knowledge of the global Kids’ market from forecast vision through to commercial trends across fashion
- A portfolio of kidswear designs and writing excerpts, expressing your ability across Boys, Girls, Tween and Baby categories
- Good Adobe illustrator and Photoshop skills
- Ability to take ownership of personal assignments, prioritise workload and provide support to other team members
- An understanding of the role data and analytics plays in commercial success. Ability to analyse data and pinpoint trends that will impact the market
- Proven quality of research and personal output
- Excellent organisation, communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work within an international team to ensure production standards, reports or outputs are of a consistently high standard and submitted on time
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane.
If you’re passionate about fashion and lifestyle this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high performance company.
WGSN is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?