We're looking for a Business Analyst to join our team in London, as part of our Technology function.
As a member of the Business Architecture Salesforce Delivery Team you’ll work closely with our brands to establish exactly what they need to improve business performance and support growth strategies. Using group sessions, facilitated workshops and stakeholder interviews, you’ll seek to elicit their requirements in a manner that captures them precisely and allows you to circulate them with the wider project team. You should be highly motivated by solving our brands’ business problems and taking advantage of the capabilities of the Salesforce platform (and other technologies) to do so.
As a business analyst you will build strong relationships with your stakeholders to become their trusted advisor and business partner. Our brands will look to you to provide Salesforce functional expertise, supported by our Salesforce Technical Architects and Developers. By delivering Brand project focused work, we expect you to maximise Ascential’s investment in the Salesforce platform.
You’ll have an inquisitive, data orientated mind to solve our most complex business challenges. Wherever possible you should strive to provide empirical evidence in your decision-making processes. You should be an excellent written and oral communicator, reliable, presentable and effective at operating autonomously or within a team of diverse professionals.
- Facilitate and lead client discussions to determine and understand their requirements and expectations (applying robust prioritisation) through group-based scoping sessions, workshops or one-to-one interviews.
- Document functional and data requirements, “as is” & “to be” processes and technical designs clearly and concisely. Translate these into clear user stories within JIRA / Confluence in order to support project managers in sprint planning and managing any backlogs.
- Working with Project Managers present recommended solution options, to establish which option(s) best fit client requirements, within scope and budget.
- Support Project Managers in ensuring stakeholders are kept abreast of development progress, using a mix of written comms, meetings and show and tell sessions.
- Collaborate with the QA team to support SIT testing, establishing testing scenarios that will feed UAT
- Collaborate with the CRM Management team to support UAT and establishing user training programmes to ensure successful knowledge transfer, system adoption and sharing of best practice.
- Support business users responsible for managing and operating business processes to help drive adoption and compliance of processes.
- Support business users in identifying business impact of proposed operational, system changes and support the development of mitigation plans to address any risks.
- Provide support to the end user community during the project delivery phase and warranty period, troubleshooting issues and providing work arounds as appropriate to ensure continued operations.
- Manage small work packets or specific workstreams of larger projects as required, agreeing scope, deliverables and success measures with project leads and stakeholders.
- Take responsibility for you own personal and professional development, ensuring certifications, specialisms and technical knowledge are always kept up to date.
- Experience supporting CRM and Sales Order Processing systems is mandatory.
- Experience of working through the full development lifecycle, preferably in a large scale Salesforce migration project
- Extensive and demonstrable knowledge of Sales Cloud and Service Cloud is essential; familiarity with the wider Salesforce product portfolio is beneficial
- Hands on experience working with Salesforce is essential; the ability to configure Salesforce features is beneficial
- Salesforce Certified Administrator & Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I (or equivalent) certifications are highly desirable
- Experience working with 3rd Party reporting tools, such as Datorama, Looker, Tableau or Validity data management tools is highly desirable
- Experience working with 3rd party delivery partners and AppExchange vendors is desirable
- Project Management qualifications are beneficial as is experience of agile project delivery and working in a team that includes skilled Salesforce developers
- Demonstrable experience of having played a significant role in successful Salesforce implementation projects and an ability to advise on best practice, bringing your experience to bear to ensure successful project delivery
- Excellent communication, organisation, presentation & analytical skills with solid business acumen
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and well-being consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?