Working as part of our Strategy function your key responsibilities will include:
Planning and readiness
- Agree project scope, deliverables and overall governance with project leads and stakeholders.
- Create detailed project plan to identify and sequence the milestones and activities needed to successfully deliver the project.
- Determine required resources and assign activities to complete the project.
- Develop clear tracking and reporting mechanisms.
Delivery and implementation
- Manage project resources to deliver activities and ensure they are fully briefed at all times.
- Manage project execution according to the project plan.
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure its successful completion.
- Build enough awareness of the core project scope, actions, etc. to help assess any project blockers and identify appropriate solutions.
- Manage risks and issues efficiently, monitoring mitigating actions closely and escalating relevant items as appropriate to the right stakeholders.
- Ensure that all relevant project information is appropriately documented.
- Be able to clearly communicate what the project key objectives, risks and issues are.
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets required standards.
- Prioritise activities as per business needs and ensure clear communication around this prioritisation.
- Track record of delivering strategic and complex transformation projects.
- Must have strong business acumen and experience in running cross-functional (and sometimes cross-brands) projects.
- Strong stakeholder management and communications skills.
- Strong Office skills (Power Point, Excel).
- Leadership skills: ability to positively engage with, and influence, others to achieve results in an appropriate manner.
- Organisational skills: ability to identify and set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track activities.
- Planning skills: ability to identify deliverables, set goals, create and implement actions plans and evaluate the process and results. Ability to identify risks / issues and escalate accordingly.
- Problem solving skills: ability to assess obstacles, identify the root cause, generate possible solutions, make recommendations and resolve.
- Decision making skills: ability to quickly assess the importance, urgency and risks, making or recommending clear decisions.
- Communication skills: ability to speak, listen and write in a clear, concise, thorough and timely manner using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Team working: ability to foster teamwork amongst project resources to ensure successful project completion.
- Be approachable and personable.
- Be capable of communicating with senior stakeholders and influencing discussions and decisions.
- Demonstrate a pragmatic approach to problem solving, work well under pressure, and be goal orientated.
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?