We're looking for a strong Business Development Associate to join our team in Hong Kong and become an integral part of our Sales function.
The Business Development Associate is responsible for driving net customer growth. Generating new opportunities in the APAC region (ANZ, South East Asia, HK, South Asia). Activity level standard of min 12 customer meetings/week, qualification of self-generated opportunity as well as leads from marketing. This role will be part of a newly formed team of BDA based out of Hong Kong with a regional remit.
- Qualifying new business opportunities
- Demonstrating the entire WGSN suite of solutions to new clients
- Key responsibilities include following up inbound leads, own lead generation through social selling, cold calling and working closely with the marketing team on marketing campaigns to key prospects and the Business Development team
- Arranging & attending meetings with prospects, making C-Level presentations including demonstration of the site; and consistent networking within the industry
- Working closely with the regional Account management and Client Success to understand clients’ usage of the solution, best practices, customer success stories, drive referral business
- Forecasting business accurately on weekly and monthly outlook
- Reporting to Sales Manager, Asia (based in HK)
- Curious and able of consultative solution selling, understanding of the subscription business
- Scientific practice of selling, with an eagerness to learn and connect with clients and colleagues alike
- Experience within the information industry, fashion, retail, saas or other service offerings would be an advantage
- Strategic thinking, clear communication and decision-making process
- A degree in any discipline is preferable
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- Annual leave
- Private medical insurance
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane.
If you’re passionate about fashion and lifestyle this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high performance company.
WGSN is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?