We're looking for a strong Business Development Associate to join our team in London and become an integral part of our Sales function.
This opportunity is ideal for an individual who is towards the beginning of their sales career, with ideally 1-2 years of experience maximum. We offer extensive training and clear career progression for successful individuals. You will be focused on a variety of industries from across fashion apparel and accessories, home furnishings, CPG, travel and tourism, food and drink, durable goods, and entertainment. You will be interacting with SME to enterprise size companies. This role reports into the Commercial Director, EMEA and is responsible for new business development, identifying business opportunities and delivering qualified prospects to the senior sales staff to demonstrate and close deals. The BDA supports the entire EMEA sales team, one of the most successful sales teams within WGSN.
- Effectively managing inbound lead queue, following up on marketing-driven leads
- Researching and identifying prospect companies who will benefit from our service and data products; developing and executing strategies for outbound prospecting via email, cold calling, LinkedIn Sales Navigator and any other means relevant
- Speaking with provided and self-sourced prospects to discuss potential needs and how WGSN would be beneficial to them
- Utilizing good discovery tactics and questions in a consultative sales style
- Qualify leads for the sales team so that they can demonstrate WGSN to its full potential and identify how this will be an essential tool for the customer's business
- Ensuring that once meetings are booked, relevant research and information is translated to the senior sales team so that they are set up for success in their meetings
- Meet activity KPIs and opportunity goals to ensure company revenue objectives are met
- Learn and maintain extensive knowledge of market/industry trends, developments, WGSN customers, competitors, and products; building expertise towards being able to tell the WGSN story while pitching WGSN value
- Working closely with the marketing team on lead generation and new business activities, including but not limited to events, email campaigns, social media
- A motivated, dynamic and self-driven individual who is confident and professional in approach with a positive 'can-do' attitude
- Someone who is passionate about the prospect of delivering creative intelligence to new clients and helping them transform their business
- A flair for strong relationship building on the telephone at all levels
- Possess strong interpersonal, organization and time management skills
- Excellent computer skills across general computer programs like Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Google Suite
- Previous B2B sales experience, preferably telephone sales, preferred
- An understanding of Salesforce or a similar CRM system would be a plus
- Knowledge of our core industries such as fashion, food and drink, beauty, interiors is a plus
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane.
If you’re passionate about fashion and lifestyle this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high performance company.
WGSN is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?