Glenigan, part of Ascential, are looking for a Business Development Executive to join our team in Bournemouth. As part of our Sales team, your primary focus is to source potential new clients of the Glenigan platform.
We offer extensive product and sales training and clear career progression for successful individuals. Our training programme is designed to ensure you are equipped to succeed with many of our new starters earning commission as early as 8 weeks into their Glenigan career working on a short sales cycle.
Working with our marketing team you will need to identify new business opportunities within the construction sector to book meetings for the Business Development Managers; your key responsibilities will include:
- Speaking to relevant B2B decision makers to discuss their potential needs and how the Glenigan service would be beneficial to them
- Understanding the system to its full potential and identifying how this will be an essential tool to the customer's business
- Combining excellent industry and product knowledge, with drive and a flair for strong relationship building on the telephone at all levels
- Attend field events to find and develop qualified leads
- Exceeding monthly meetings target - ensuring maximum possible delivery against targets through the generation of new client meetings. Key metrics; Phone activity, number of meetings booked, number of meetings sat and conversion % of meeting to sale
- Excellent MS Office skills are essential
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Previous B2B experience would be beneficial, but is not essential
- An understanding of Salesforce or a similar CRM system would be beneficial
- Strong objection handling skills
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we're passionate about - unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability - whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year - with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Bonus, Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We deliver the most accurate and comprehensive construction sales leads in the UK. We combine this with business analysis and forecasting, enabling businesses to make sales, win contracts and plan for future growth.
Joining us means joining an ambitious and determined team with a proven track record of year on year double digit growth, where innovative thinking is encouraged and results are generously rewarded.
Based near the beach, we have a local business feel, but we're part of a global plc too, providing opportunities to leverage multiple brands' experience and expertise to help you achieve your goals.
Glenigan is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world's most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.