We're looking for a strong Business Development Manager to join our team in Sao Paulo and become an integral part of our Sales function.
The New Business Development will generate new revenue for WGSN through a structured consultative sales approach either online or face to face. These sales will be liaising directly with senior decision makers across the Fashion value chain. Although this role is to be placed in São Paulo, the candidate will primarily work with the Colombian and Peruvian market.
- Maintain a high level of deal driven weekly activity in identifying prospects, cold calling, sales calls and doing online meetings
- Arranging & attending a high volume of online and face to face meetings with prospects, doing C- Level presentations, drafting proposals and contract documents and maintaining a consistent networking within the industry
- Meet/exceed monthly sales quotas on a consistent basis
- Negotiate deals and close contract sales on a timely basis
- Manage sales follow up on a timely basis as appropriate
- Research and develop an understanding of clients’ needs in order to maximize sales penetration on a per client basis
- Maintain accurate contact and activity information in Salesforce
- Work with the Account Management team to ensure the seamless transition of closed accounts
- Fluent in ENGLISH (oral, writing, reading)
- Great business network/experience working with the fashion and interiors industry
- Experience on managing a territory in a direct business to business sales function (subscription-based services, information industry, outsourcing, software sales or other service offerings would be a distinct advantage)
- Proven track record of consistent monthly sales quota achievement
- A consultative approach to selling in a high average sales price environment
- Cold calling experience; demonstrable ability to navigate way to key decision makers in large companies
- Strong oral presentation skills required for virtual and in person meetings
- Excellent time management skills in meeting deadlines and organizing management follow up priorities
- Experience in working with CRM (Salesforce is a plus)
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- Meal Voucher
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Transportation voucher or parking
- Dental Plan
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane.
If you’re passionate about fashion and lifestyle this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high performance company.
WGSN is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?