We’re looking for a proactive and driven Business Development Manager to join our ambitious sales team of seven. The role is 100% new business focused and will require the candidate to use a mix of cold calling and face to face pitches in order to sell our political intelligence tools to some of the largest corporates and membership associations in the Health & Pharmaceutical, Construction and Education sectors.
The role is a mix of office based and F2F and will suit a true ‘hunter’ sales person who enjoys immersing themselves in the political environment and building relationships with Public Affairs professionals.
- Manage the entire sales cycle, from identifying prospects through to closing the sale.
- Presenting and positioning the DeHavilland’s service and web portal over the phone and in face to face meetings.
- Travel to client locations, mainly in UK but occasional European travel may be required
- Keeping up to date with company products and services
- Networking with industry professionals & stakeholders
- Communicating with managers, stakeholders & customers
- Coordinate with sales, marketing & monitoring teams
- Utilising SalesForce and LinkedIn to identify, follow up leads and set up meetings
- Maintain an active knowledge of the political environment and understand its developments and trends
- Develop a genuine knowledge of your prospect’s business and become a trusted advisor
- Work closely with the Client Development Managers to deliver a thorough and effective client handover.
- Consultative Approach
- Drive and “self-starter” attitude
- A desire to learn and develop
- Presenting to C-Level Executives
- Advanced questioning, strong negotiation & closing skills
- Value Selling
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Experience of using Salesforce or equivalent CRM system to manage opportunities and forecast.
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to synthesise complex situations and make sound decisions based on key information
- An interest in current affairs, news and/or politics
- Degree educated
- Demonstratable and relevant sales experience is essential
- Proven track record of high productivity & new business success
- Proven track record of subscription/solution selling within a B2B information provider
- Experience selling to Health & Pharma, Education or Construction is ideal but not essential
- Political Sector Experience is ideal but not essential
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
We believe politics shouldn’t happen without you. We bring expert clarity to the changing political environment, enabling our customers to enhance their influence and anticipate risks and opportunities.
We’re a brand with the autonomy to make changes quickly, but with the support of a larger organisation. This enables us to constantly refine our political intelligence and research services and gives our employees the freedom to explore and develop.
DeHavilland is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
The DeHavilland team is professional, driven, committed and passionate about politics.
For further information about us please visit our careers page https://www1.dehavilland.co.uk/careers
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?