We're looking for a Business Development Manager to join our team in Bournemouth as part of our Content function.
This role’s primary focus is to sell the Glenigan platform to potential new clients. Working with our marketing team you will need to identify new business opportunities within the construction sector. This will include; re-engaging lapsed clients, self-sourcing new customers, cold calling and selling through LinkedIn, this role is predominately office based, with occasional face to face client meetings.
We invest in our sales team to help them be as effective as possible and pride ourselves on sales training and development. Our training programme is designed to ensure you are equipped to succeed with many of our new starters earning sales bonus as early as 8 weeks into their Glenigan career working on a short sales cycle.
- Exceeding quarterly and annual sales targets - ensuring maximum possible delivery against sales targets through the generation of new business
- Speaking to relevant B2B decision makers to discuss their potential needs and how the Glenigan service would be beneficial to them
- Demonstrating the system to its full potential and identifying how this will be an essential tool to the customer’s business
- Combining excellent industry and product knowledge, with drive and a flair for strong relationship building on the telephone at all levels
- Developing a strong pipeline of business providing three times cover of the quarterly sales target
- Preparing, presenting and negotiating business proposals to clients
- Closing of sales over the phone or by booking further appointments with the decision makers for onsite meetings
- Exceeding the Glenigan sales standards around behaviors and productivity, including call volumes and meetings. As well as regularly maintaining accurate records of sales process activity in SalesForce and reporting as required
- Excellent organisational, written and oral communication skills and the ability and confidence to identify and win new business
- Excellent MS Office skills are essential
- Ideally previous 2-5 years B2B sales experience
- Experience of working within the Construction Industry would be an advantage
- An understanding of Salesforce or a similar CRM system would be beneficial
- Strong negotiation, closing and objection handling skills
- You will be a motivated, dynamic and self-driven individual who is confident and professional in approach
- Resilience, flexibility and a willingness to undertake varied responsibilities working alone or as part of a team
- A professional, confident and flexible approach to working with people
- Ability to maintain composure in high-pressure situations
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and to be able to hold accountability and deliver a wide range of tasks
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude and excellent work ethic
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We deliver the most accurate and comprehensive construction sales leads in the UK. We combine this with business analysis and forecasting, enabling businesses to make sales, win contracts and plan for future growth.
Joining us means joining an ambitious and determined team with a proven track record of year on year double digit growth, where innovative thinking is encouraged, and results are generously rewarded.
Based near the beach, we have a local business feel, but we’re part of a global plc too, providing opportunities to leverage multiple brands’ experience and expertise to help you achieve your goals.
Glenigan is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?