We're looking for a Business Development Manager to join our team in London as part of our Sales Function.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for selling our portfolio of products and consultancy services to tier1 Brand Clients across EMEA. Develop senior relationships with blue chip brands, create bespoke solutions with support from our Advisory and Editorial teams and maximise revenue potential for our content and data platforms. The role will report to Head of Sales EMEA but will also work alongside the Global Commercial Director to develop overall strategy for tier 1 clients and ensure strong global communication with New York, Singapore and Shanghai offices.
- Using consultative sales approach, develop and close opportunities from existing contacts and proactive outreach from to our Targeted Account List. (Tier 1 brand clients)
- Meet and exceed monthly and annual revenue targets
- Maintain and update a sales pipeline and monthly/annual revenue forecasts, as required by the Sales Director
- Establish and conduct the necessary industry, institution and client research
- Implement a structured and consultative approach to prospecting, and qualify potential institutions and clients
- Present the WARC value, product and services with a high degree of professionalism to prospective clients
- Ensure a high degree of attention to detail in all aspects of sales administration
- Proactively identify opportunities to exploit developments or changes in the marketplace
- Work with sales management to develop and write strategic sales plans, and execute stated goals and objectives
- Strong experience in a consultative sales role with an emphasis on integrated solutions, background in selling and executing campaigns with senior level marketing roles at brands.,
- Experience in FMCG, Financial Services, ECommerce or Consumer technology sectors.
- Persuasiveness, executive presence and outstanding communication and presentation skills, verbal and written
- Solid organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Detail-oriented with strong follow-up skills
- Patience, perseverance, enthusiasm and energy
- Demonstrated PC skills and understanding of sales information systems (SalesForce)
- Genuine interest in and enthusiasm for WARC’s content areas (marketing and advertising best practices) Be a committed and effective team player
- Represent WARC at conferences, as required
- Successfully maintain an ongoing interaction with various members of our internal cross-functional teams to ensure focus and delivery of services and solutions and striving for maximum customer satisfaction
- Participate and contribute ideas and strategies at regularly scheduled sales and marketing meetings
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We work with the global advertising industry to make smarter, more effective marketing. We’re the global authority on advertising and media effectiveness, offering unbiased advice on almost any advertising and marketing issue.
We’re a brand full of smart people who are genuinely interested in the world’s most effective advertising, as well as the agencies and clients who make it. We’re proud of the reputation WARC has in the industry, striving to be excellent at everything we do.
WARC is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?