We’re looking for a highly motivated Business Development Manager to join our sales team in Bournemouth. This role has ownership of the full customer journey and reports into the Head of Sales, sitting within one of the most successful sales teams within the Ascential Group.
About the role
This opportunity is ideal for an individual who is at the beginning of their sales career as we offer extensive sales training and clear career progression for successful individuals. Our training programme is designed to ensure you are equipped to succeed with many of our new starters earning commission as early as 8 weeks into their Glenigan career working on a short sales cycle.
You will be focused on a variety of industries from SME’s to industry leaders, an example of our key clients are: Kier Group, Lend Lease, Dyno, Waverley, Tarmac, Samsung, Hilton Hotel, Premier Inn, Travel Lodge, Marks and Spencer’s, Waitrose, Fitness First and Shelter.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Generating interest in the Glenigan platform to potential new clients via provided and self-sourced leads;
- You will be tasked with speaking to relevant decision makers via B2B calls to discuss their potential needs and how the Glenigan tool would be beneficial to them;
- Demonstrating the system to its full potential and identify how this will be an essential tool to the customer’s business;
- Combining excellent industry and product knowledge, with drive and a flair for strong relationship building on the telephone at all levels;
- Closing of sales over the phone or by booking further appointments with the decision makers for onsite meetings;
- You will be a motivated, dynamic and self-driven individual who is confident and professional in approach;
- Possess strong interpersonal, organisation and time management skills;
- Excellent MS Office skills are essential;
- Dealing with others over the telephone in an Account Management or Sales role
- Experience of working within the Construction Industry would be an advantage
- An understanding of Salesforce or a similar CRM system is advantageous;
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Bonus, Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
We deliver the most accurate and comprehensive construction sales leads in the UK. We combine this with business analysis and forecasting, enabling businesses to make sales, win contracts and plan for future growth.
Joining us means joining an ambitious and determined team with a proven track record of year on year double digit growth, where innovative thinking is encouraged and results are generously rewarded.
Based near the beach, we have a local business feel, but we’re part of a global plc too, providing opportunities to leverage multiple brands’ experience and expertise to help you achieve your goals.
Glenigan is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
Ascential YouTube Channel
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?