We're looking for a Business Development Manager to join our team in London. As part of our Sales function, your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage the entire sales cycle, from identifying prospects through to closing the sale.
- Presenting and positioning the DeHavilland’s service and web portal over the phone and in face to face meetings.
- Travel to client locations. Some European travel may be required
- Keeping up to date with company products and services
- Networking with industry professionals & stakeholders
- Communicating with managers, stakeholders & customers
- Coordinate with sales, marketing & monitoring teams
- Utilizing sales force and LinkedIn to identify, follow up leads and set up meetings
- Active knowledge of their industry and understand its developments and trends
- Develop a genuine knowledge of your prospect’s business and become a trusted advisor
- Work closely with the Client Development Managers to deliver a thorough and effective client handover.
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Previous sales experience is essential
- Proven track record of high productivity & new business success
- Proven track record of subscription/solution selling within a B2B information provider
- Experience selling to Finance, Energy, Pharma, Transport, Digital/Tech is ideal but not essential
- Political Sector Experience is ideal but not essential
- French, German fluently is ideal but no essential
Essential skills & competencies:
- Consultative approach
- Drive and “self-starter” attitude
- A desire to learn and develop
- Presenting to C-Level Executives
- Advanced questioning
- Strong closing skills
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Bonus, Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
We believe politics shouldn’t happen without you. We bring expert clarity to the changing political environment, enabling our customers to enhance their influence and anticipate risks and opportunities.
We’re a brand with the autonomy to make changes quickly, but with the support of a larger organisation. This enables us to constantly refine our political intelligence and research services, and also gives our employees the freedom to explore and develop.
DeHavilland is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
Ascential YouTube Channel
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?