We’re looking for a Business Development Manager who will be responsible for selling the portfolio of products and services from the WGSN Analytics Division to Brands and Retailers throughout the EMEA region. These products include our leading Ecommerce Analytics and Consumer Perception platforms, offered together with our excellent bespoke reporting service and flexible data delivery capabilities.
- To understand the context of the EMEA Fashion retail market and the opportunities and threats faced by the mature and emerging players
- To build compelling propositions that can support the strategic objectives of the must win organisations
- To create and maintain high activity levels into these top pursuits
- To develop, maintain and manage in CRM a sustainable pipeline of new business to fuel consistent delivery of billings target
- To be a key stakeholder in developing the sales plays and content programs that will excite and wow our target audiences
- To partner with your Customer Success colleagues to successfully hand over your sales wins into the implementation and Account Management phase
- Gather and effectively communicate client feedback, suggestions and ideas to appropriate internal constituents.
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other activities you are required to deliver.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not mandatory
- 5 years + selling experience
- Ability to evidence sustained success in current and prior roles with year over year high performance exceeding annual targets
- Evidence of successfully selling a range of services such as bespoke consulting, data services and saas platforms will be advantageous including at £100k+ values
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills
- Must be detail oriented and organized; able to multitask and think quickly; a fast learner
- Must be self-motivated and energetic; able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Good computer skills (basic knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint); knowledge of Salesforce
- Able to undertake some travel
- Interest in fashion
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Bonus, Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
About WGSN’s Data Analytics Division
At WGSN we offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane. The Analytics division provides data led insights to help Brands and Retailers find the stories that matter most.
If you’re passionate about fashion + retail, this is a great place to be. We give you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high- performance company.
WGSN’s Data Analytics Division is a part of the Ascential group. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?