We're looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to identify and acquire new clients from North America - drive all aspects and stages of the sale including; qualifying the viability of potential accounts, delivering winning presentations, contract negotiations, legal and procurement discussions and managing the sales process through to its close
- Aggressively pursue and close key sales prospects by managing a 90-day pipeline of opportunities
- Deliver in-person presentations and assist in telling our story and pitching our data products value as it relates to each prospect in all industry markets including; fashion and financial sectors
- Build strong relationships with prospects to foster multi-year and enterprise contract agreements
- Research prospects to get an understanding of their business needs and how our data products will address their objectives and deliver value
- Have an up-to-date knowledge of any product enhancements and how they best add value to client needs
- Manage a record of activity in company CRM (Salesforce.com)
- Work with the Account Management team to help ensure a seamless transition of accounts
- Manage to a 4-12-week sales cycle and follow a systematic approach to identify future opportunities, set expectations and plan for future resource needs
- Understanding of corporate hierarchies and client motivations in the retail analytics space; with this intelligence you’re able to navigate to key decision makers
- Demonstrated experience developing relationships with high-level executives within Fortune 500 organizations in an Outside Sales B2B capacity in the US market
- A demonstrable track record of sales success (preferably selling subscription based-data products or syndicated surveys)
- Proven ability to quickly gain entry to key pursuit accounts and articulate a proven value/ROI based sale
- Understanding of how to communicate a service offering through proposals, presentations, phone calls, and case study development - excellent presentation and negotiation skills are a must
- Ability to manage Salesforce.com database, opportunity pipeline, and lead cultivation, including a holistic overview of all outstanding communications and prospect relationships
- Passionate about the prospect of delivering creative intelligence to new clients and helping them transform their business BA in Business or related field (MBA a plus)
- Strong computer skills (Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fashion retail and financial sector industry knowledge (a plus)
At WGSN we offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane.
If you’re passionate about fashion and lifestyle this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high- performance company.
WGSN is a part of the Ascential group. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?