We're looking for a Business Development Manager to work out of our Hong Kong office. As part of the regional sales team you will be responsible for selling annual subscriptions to WARC (www.warc.com) to agencies, brands and media owners in various territories in APAC, including Hong Kong.
- Follow up on incoming leads – responding to their interest and building on this through contact by phone, email, F2F or online meeting, resulting in a serious sales opportunity where you demonstrate the service and then on to closing the deal.
- Where budgets allow to travel in-market to demonstrate and discuss how WARC can help deliver more effective marketing.
- To probe and successfully identify the key marketing challenges of the prospect and help demonstrate a solution through content on WARC.
- To come up with effective strategies for prioritising and segmenting your sales patch, based on existing and new leads.
- To pro-actively reach out to new prospects for WARC initiating first contact and building a relationship and engagement around our proposition.
- Achieve a personal NB target & work with other members of the team to help achieve the team target.
- Using our internal systems to record accurate details of our relationships with clients and prospects.
- Key performance indicators will include:
- No. of opportunities created
- No. of F2F meeting/demo/online meetings
- Number of outgoing activities
- Accurate pipeline management
- Conversion of opportunities into NB
- Hitting sales targets
- Proven track record of exceeding sales targets
- Experience of demonstrating a product/service online or in person
- Experience of presenting to groups of individuals face to face
- Clear, concise communication skills
- Ability to engage successfully in a consultative sales process
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise strategies to ensure you hit your goals
- Experience of working with CRM databases (Salesforce) and Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint)
- Drive and determination to hit targets
- Preferable sales experience in selling to marketers/agencies and/or an online information subscription service.
- Understanding of the marketing/advertising industry and/or function
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- Annual leave
- House and rental tax benefit
- Fitness subsidy
- Private medical insurance
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
WARC is an online, subscription service whose mission is to save the world from ineffective marketing. We do this by providing the latest evidence, expertise and guidance to help marketers become more effective.
Founded in 1998, WARC’s core product is a content‐rich online platform focused on media and advertising effectiveness which contains a large number of case studies; thought leadership and best practice reports; benchmarks and rankings of advertising and media performance including the Gunn Report (the leading global ranking for creative effectiveness for campaigns, brands and agencies); and WARC Plus which provides a bespoke Q&A service, primarily targeting Brands.
On 15th June 2018, WARC was acquired by Ascential plc, joining a cluster of businesses that serve the marketing community, including Cannes Lions and MediaLink.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?