About the role
We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to join our team in Shanghai. As part of our regional sales, your key responsibilities will include:
- Prospect and engage with new customers, generate revenue from new sales, generate revenue from renewals and upsell opportunities for existing customers, and maintain relationships with Edge by Ascential customers.
- Lead Generation
- Identify and contact potential sponsors or buyers in target companies – via various means, including events, social media, cold calling and leads generated by Marketing
- Leverage personal contact base to identify sales opportunities
- Create new sales (‘upsell’) opportunities within existing Edge by Ascential customer base
- Work closely with the Customer Success (Consulting) team to drive customer satisfaction
- Sales Execution
- Identify and qualify sales opportunities
- Build relationships with sponsors/influencers in customer organizations
- Work with the CS team to define and articulate business benefits to customers & prospects
- Carry out sales meetings, presentations, and demos
- Prepare sales proposals
- Negotiate and close deals
- Proven success in selling data-related technology solutions to large/global enterprises a. Exceptional track record as evidenced by consistent quota/target attainment
- Experience in selling to CPG brands
- Strong contact base in Edge by Ascential target customers and markets
- Subject matter expertise in e-Commerce, business analytics or data quality solutions (preferred)
- Effective at networking/relationship building
- Highly committed, target driven
- Ability to understand and articulate complex sales propositions
- Able to work effectively in a small, distributed organisation
- Experience working with digital marketing and/or eCommerce organizations of large CPG-Retail companies is a plus
- Excellent customer interaction skills
- Fluency in Chinese and English (written and spoken)
- Ability to work independently and efficiently in fast moving sales cycles
- Attention to detail, persistence and ability to follow through
- Dedication to Quality
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel throughout Edge by Ascential, and on occasion to other parts of APAC
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- Annual leave
- Private medical insurance
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
About Edge by Ascential™
Edge by Ascential™ delivers some of the industry’s most accurate and actionable salesdriving data, insights and advisory solutions for global brands and retailers looking to win in today’s ecommerce-driven world.
Formerly Brand View, Clavis Insight, One Click Retail and PlanetRetail RNG, Edge by Ascential was launched in October of 2018, bringing four brands under one roof. Our market leading products are a product of our people and we are always in the market for top talent.
If you are interested in progressing your career, this position represents a great opportunity to join our team at an exciting stage in its development and expansion. Edge is headquartered in London, with offices in the USA, UK, China, Germany and France. Find out more at www. ascentialedge.com.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?