We're looking for a German (DACH) speaking, Business Development Manager to join our team in London and become an integral part of our Sales function.
We are looking for a dynamic and proactive Business Development Manager to join our EMEA team. This position is critical to the WGSN EMEA business development efforts and the markets that we serve - Retail, Consumer Electronics, FMCG, Hotel & Leisure, Fashion, Interior Design, Marketing, Consumer Trends, Luxury, Beauty and Sustainability. At WGSN you’ll find a team of creative, inspired and results-focused people who are passionate about helping our customers succeed in their industry. If you are smart, driven and want to grow and learn in a commercial environment, we want to hear from you.
- Build a sales strategy plan and execute on the acquisition of key clients to hit annual sales target
- Lead all aspects of the sales process from prospecting to closing (360 sales)
- Develop new opportunities with businesses WGSN would like to approach for future subscriptions/sales
- Deliver live product demonstrations and presentations to clients via online meetings
- Proactively self-source new leads and develop a network of targeted prospects to build a pipeline through outbound prospecting
- Respond to inbound marketing leads quickly and effectively
- Deliver and exceed your monthly targets and keep up to date with industry trends and developments
- Forecast weekly sales and future pipeline using our CRM system, Salesforce
- A proven track record in sales as a proactive/outbound Business Development Manager
- Consistently hitting your monthly sales target
- A continuing desire to learn and grow to improve your sales skills
- A can-do and problem-solving attitude necessary to thrive in our fast-paced company
- Demonstrate advanced sales process, techniques and methodology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as exceptional presentation skills
- Good software skills (basic knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint); knowledge of Salesforce
- A passion for, and knowledge of, the retail, technology, beauty, interior design and hospitality industries
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane.
If you’re passionate about fashion and lifestyle this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high performance company.
WGSN is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?