We're looking for a Business Development Rep to join our team in Boston as part of our Sales function.
The Business Development Representative (BDR) position is a team contributor role that works in concert with the Sales Representatives in a specified region and is responsible for generating new business opportunities. You will utilize various prospecting strategies to lead initial outreach to prospects, identifying the needs and challenges of the prospective customer, determine prospects interest in our suite of products and to set up discovery meetings for the Sales Representatives.
The ideal candidate is someone who is high energy, has a competitive edge, and possesses excellent phone and email skills. Your ability to quickly assess opportunities and track them in Salesforce.com will be critical for your success. You must also be able to quickly learn new technologies and communicate those concepts to prospects.
- Working closely and collaboratively with sales representatives to develop and implement appropriate prospecting strategies
- Employ multiple prospecting techniques to conduct high volume prospecting to qualify leads through cold calls, emails and social media
- Drive top-of-funnel lead generation for sales representatives and consistently achieve a monthly quota of qualified opportunities
- Identify the needs and challenges of the prospective customer and schedule discovery calls for sales reps to further assess a prospects potential for partnership
- Astute in overcoming objections and developing an understanding of the prospect challenges
- Update and manage all sales activities, opportunities and account information in Salesforce
- Excellent phone, writing, and listening skills
- Self-starter who has a desire to learn, grow and excel within the organization
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- Ability to ask probing questions and translating them into actionable items
- Knowledge of business processes and organizational structures
- Ideally 1-2 years of previous sales experience
- Proficient in Salesforce, Outreach and other prospecting tools
- Knowledge of the eCommerce space a plus
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 15 days of holiday per year and an extra day for each year of service up to 20 days
- 401K – Saving Incentive plan
- Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vision benefits
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Life Assurance and Disability insurance
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
Edge by Ascential™ delivers some of the industry’s most accurate and actionable sales-driving data, insights and advisory solutions for global brands and retailers looking to win in today’s ecommerce-driven world.
Formerly Brand View, Clavis Insight, One Click Retail and PlanetRetail RNG, Edge by Ascential was launched in October of 2018, bringing four brands under one roof. Our market leading products are a product of our people and we are always in the market for top talent.
If you are interested in progressing your career, this position represents a great opportunity to join our team at an exciting stage in its development and expansion. Edge is headquartered in London, with offices in the USA, UK, China, Germany and France. Find out more at www.ascentialedge.com
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?