We have a newly created Business Intelligence Analyst role to support the Edge by Ascential business. Reporting to the Head of Finance, the successful candidate will be responsible for building and maintaining operational performance dashboards to be used throughout the business globally. The successful candidate will work closely with the Finance team and other stakeholders across the business to collate, analyse and report operational performance metrics for the business. You will build strong relationships with your stakeholders to become their trusted advisor.
You’ll have an inquisitive, data orientated mind to help bring together data from across the business and synthesise this in a way that delivers meaningful and actionable insight to our leaders.
- Owning the collection, analysis, and presentation of performance KPIs to leaders across the Edge business
- Reviewing of KPIs and identifying opportunities to deliver improved efficiency and understanding through enhanced analysis/reporting
- Responsible for implementing data integrity processes and ensuring the accuracy and completeness of data
- Support users across the business in adopting, complying with, and changing information recording practices to derive complete, accurate and meaningful insight
- Working with stakeholders across the business to improve the level of insight we can provide into the drivers of business performance
- Oversight of the time tracking system (Hive), and BI dashboards currently being rolled out across the business
- Supporting business users in identifying the business impact of proposed operational, system changes and support the development of mitigation plans to address any risks
- Advanced demonstrable Microsoft Excel skills; extremely comfortable building Excel models/reports. Knowledge of macros/SQL very favourable
- Logical thinker with some experience of business intelligence and/or structured decision-making
- Proven data analytics experience, identifying key insights and recommendations;
- High degree of numeracy with excellent attention to detail, and analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working with large datasets and able to distil complex issues down to key messages
- Self-starter, having the ability to work independently with persistence and ability to follow through
- A strong attention to detail
- Experience in working with other Microsoft applications (PowerPoint, Outlook) and Google suite
- Intellectual curiosity with a proven ability to connect disparate data points
- Excellent communication skills
- Aptitude and passion for learning
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Undergraduate degree preferable, but not essential
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
Edge by Ascential™ delivers some of the industry’s most accurate and actionable sales-driving data, insights and advisory solutions for global brands and retailers looking to win in today’s ecommerce-driven world.
Formerly Brand View, Clavis Insight, One Click Retail and PlanetRetail RNG, Edge by Ascential was launched in October of 2018, bringing four brands under one roof. Our market leading products are a product of our people and we are always in the market for top talent.
If you are interested in progressing your career, this position represents a great opportunity to join our team at an exciting stage in its development and expansion. Edge is headquartered in London, with offices in the USA, UK, China, Germany and France. Find out more at www.ascentialedge.com
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?