We're looking for a Chinese Editor to join our team in North America. As part of our Content Function, your key responsibilities will include:
- Edit WGSN fashion, lifestyle, and consumer insight’s translations from English to Chinese. Ensure the original concepts are delivered accurately and free from spelling error and incorrect terminology. Content should be localized to flow naturally in Chinese
- Use correct terminologies and maintain keywords database to keep them consistent across WGSN’s Chinese localization content
- Handle in-house localization requests as may be required. Effectively communicate and collaborate with all to ensure smooth execution of localization content onto multimedia platform that include, but not limited to, written reports, videos, and marketing collaterals
- Collaborate with editors based in Shanghai to deliver high quality localization content by deadlines. Responsible for taking care of urgent request as may be required. Provide immediate fix and update for WGSN Fashion content, as well as from other WGSN products.
- Give brief on regular basis of the feedback receive from account management/client service teams about the Chinese site
- Contribute to the localization development and management of WGSN Chinese website and content. Incorporate Chinese market insights to localization content
- Coordinate with freelance Chinese editors and translators on as needed basis. This includes training and providing directions & answers to their questions; review tests from potential freelancer candidates
- Cover for peer Chinese editor when he/she is away from the office
- A proactive communicator and critical thinker who must be fully bilingual Chinese-English with exceptional command in reading, translating, and localizing (translation editing) from English to Chinese and vice versa
- Proficient in researching for the most relevant localization terminologies according to the context given
- Good understanding of the latest fashion, lifestyle, and consumer trends in China; prior editorial experience handling Chinese content in fashion or lifestyle strongly preferred
- Adequately prioritize tasks under tight deadlines while demonstrating attention to detail and organization skills
- A team player, quick adapter, avid learner, and multi-tasker who is open to changes and challenges. He/She should follow directions well and feel comfortable working independently/remotely with minimal supervision as well as working with a group from different teams
- Comfortable working across regions and time zones. Flexible work hours and some travel as may be required
- Degree in Localization, Journalism, Communication, or Fashion from a university/college from an university where is taught in Chinese strongly preferred
- Advanced knowledge in Excel/Google Tools/Apple computer preferred
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Bonus, Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
We offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane.
If you’re passionate about fashion and lifestyle this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high performance company.
WGSN is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
Ascential YouTube Channel
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?