We're looking for a Client Value Specialist to join our team in New York as part of our Sales function.
WARC is the leading business information provider to the marketing, advertising and communications industry. WARC prides itself on its commitment to making advertising smarter by providing the latest industry thinking, research and best practice. At the heart of WARC is our unique online service, which is relied upon by over 23,000 users in almost 100 countries and serves as the single best source of case studies, best practice guides, marketing intelligence, consumer insight, industry trends and latest news from around the world. The company is part of Ascential, joining a cluster of businesses that serve the marketing community, including Cannes Lions and MediaLink. WARC is fast growing, entrepreneurial, and has significant growth targets.
The Client Value Specialist works with the Account Management team to ensure that our clients understand and get tangible value from our portfolio of products. The role of the CVS is to ensure that all users are engaged with both the WARC platform and the WARC brand – creating real love and affinity for the brand & capturing value information which can be played back to the client during renewal and growth conversations.
The ultimate purpose of this role is to ensure that WARC is perceived as a service which is well- used, provides clear value and must be retained by the client because, without it, things become more difficult. Everything the CVS role does is to increase the likelihood of renewal and up and cross sell. The majority of each day will be spent speaking with clients via telephone primarily, following up by email, recording key insight on our systems and working with the Account Management team to calculate where to prioritise focus to ensure we hit our global volume and value renewal targets.
Performance will be measured on renewal volume, increasing client usage and engagement, as well as maintaining certain activity levels.
- Be knowledgeable about:
- WARC content, keeping abreast of content substance so that you can talk with understanding to clients about what is new and interesting
- Their clients’ business needs and objectives, to help you identify content of relevance and generate client engagement
- Individual account usage to make sure all accounts are getting value from their subscriptions and to identify with management plans to re-engage where needed
- News and successes of your accounts
- All developments in our range of products and services and ensure you are an expert in all aspects of everything we do
- Maximise usage
- Speaking daily with existing users to ensure they are utilizing the service
- Identifying new users who should be given access and introducing them to WARC
- Training and on boarding all new users – and providing refresher training for existing users
- Sending out log in details and dealing with access issues
- Follow our retention wheel with existing clients to maintain and grow the relationship by regular contact with users to understand their business process and challenges and advise on how our service can help them
- Build strong account relationships by:
- Arrange & deliver training/workshop style meetings with clients which is tailored to their needs to ensure that we are integrated into their business processes and that we consistently add value
- Responding in a timely fashion to all inquiries
- Becoming a trusted advisor and respected resource for help with advertising questions, by applying the knowledge from WARC content and demonstrating their ability to help solve difficult advertising questions
- Build the case for renewal
- Understanding why our clients use WARC and collecting key information to build the case for renewal – accurately recording insight in actionable format on our systems
- Tracking usage to ensure our engagement efforts are being effective
- Identifying potential problem accounts to the Account Management team
- Be a strong team player
- Partner with the Account Manager(s) to collaborate on account plans for all key/growth accounts
- Maintain a solutions-oriented, proactive work style to advance the goals of the office
- Naturally enjoy speaking with clients on the phone – happy to pick up the phone and make contact
- Strong customer service ethic, desire to go the extra mile to surpass client expectations
- Strong organizational & multi-tasking skills – good attention to detail and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a high performing, fast paced environment
- Able to understand customer needs (implied and explicit) and provide help and solutions through the products that we have
- Adept at leveraging a client services database (SalesForce) to record and track account histories
- Strong communication skills, both for writing and presenting to senior-level executives
- Good research skills
- Interest in the global marketing and advertising industry
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience with marketing/advertising; Bachelor’s degree
- Strong familiarity with Google Suite
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 15 days of holiday per year and an extra day for each year of service up to 20 days
- 401K – Saving Incentive plan
- Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vision benefits
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Life Assurance and Disability insurance
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We work with the global advertising industry to make smarter, more effective marketing. We’re the global authority on advertising and media effectiveness, offering unbiased advice on almost any advertising and marketing issue.
We’re a brand full of smart people who are genuinely interested in the world’s most effective advertising, as well as the agencies and clients who make it. We’re proud of the reputation WARC has in the industry, striving to be excellent at everything we do.
WARC is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?