The job requires the counsel to work closely with the business in particular with members of the sales and operations teams, as well as the wider business generally.
- Advising, drafting and amending a full range of commercial contracts, principally SaaS/XaaS subscription agreements and consulting services agreements, and other business-as-usual agreements including procurement contracts;
- Advising on establishing, and managing existing, joint venture and commercial partnership arrangements when requested;
- Assisting with commercial disputes arising out of client relationships and agreements;
- Drafting agreements and technical documentation to support development and implementation of new digital and other products and supporting the procurement process;
- Assisting and developing templates for use by the business and legal team;
- Advising on data privacy compliance (including where appropriate to European GDPR standards), and data security issues;
- Supporting development and implementation of compliance policies and processes as required;
- Developing templates for use by the business and legal team; and
- Assessing legal risks, putting in place risk mitigation and management strategies.
Conducting regular legal training as required, identifying issues specifically relevant to the parts of the business that you support. Providing training on contract law matters, intellectual property, data protection and other relevant legal issues including compliance related issues.
Keeping records of matters worked on and reporting the same. Keeping records of regulatory requests received and maintaining log and activity record. Contributing to legal and compliance reporting of key business risks to senior management.
Maintaining all necessary professional training obligations and signing up to training courses aligned with business need, objectives and self-improvement needs.
Meeting and exceeding personal agreed KPIs.
Contributing to legal team objectives to deliver value to the business, working collaboratively with legal team members across the globe to maintain consistent legal risk management, facilitating business objectives and assisting the legal team in profile-raising and positive business engagement.
Developing and managing the business relationship with key stakeholders and at all levels of the organization, including specifically the EMEA sales and operations leadership for the assigned businesses.
The successful candidate is likely to have the following experience:
- Business minded, qualified lawyer
- Proven legal experience
- Commercial contracts experience
- Experience with SaaS/XaaS and IT Technology contracts
- Compliance and or corporate experience would be beneficial
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?