We're looking for a Competitor Intelligence Analyst join our team in London. As a Competitor Intelligence Analyst, you will have an exciting opportunity to help shape the strategy and priorities of Ascential Group and its brands. You will be responsible for gathering and analysing product, pricing, strategy and financial information on Ascential’s competitors and peers. You will help identify when and why we win/lose to competitors and derive strategies and recommendations on improving our position. You will use the broad nature of information gathered to help set product development, sales, marketing and business strategies for Ascential.
- Creating and maintaining an up-to-date view of key competitors and peers to Ascential and its brands, including:
- General and Financial information (P&L, funding/cash reserves, ownership, performance, business overview)
- Strategy and key announcements
- Sales value proposition (incl. strengths/weaknesses vs. Ascential)
- Key customers and wins/losses
- Product/Tech overview
- Provide senior leaders with valuable insight into the activities and strategies of competitors
- Assess the overall macro competitor landscape for Ascential as a business
- Report and present to senior management on competitor activities
- Work closely with sales leaders to put your findings into use for sales campaigns
- Work closely with marketing leaders to identify and amplify areas of advantage and difference, including helping to shape go-to-market messaging
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert on competition for Strategy, M&A and Pricing & Propositions projects
- Provide up to date and relevant market information to the business
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent work experience
- Experience of competitor/market intelligence
- Strong analytical skills, able to derive insights from primary and secondary research in order to provide opinions and suggestions to support the business, and develop results into actionable insights
- Very strong presentation skills – both prepared work and delivery of the material to senior teams
- High level of self-sufficiency and experience of meeting tight deadlines for senior management
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?