We're looking for a Consultant to join our Customer Success (Consulting) team in Shanghai as part of our Client Services function.
This role will enable you to leverage group expertise while building relationships and business understanding to have a significant impact on the growth and success of our customers’ business. Ideally, you will have a good expertise on the data mining and analytics. Having experience in consulting or expertise in the e-commerce industry is an additional advantage. You should be able to deliver the insight from data and facilitate the senior people in the team to provide insightful recommendation to client. If you have no industry experience, then you will need to demonstrate that you are a specialist within data mining and analytics.
- Responsible for the report building including monthly report (standard format) and adhoc report (free format).
- Be able to present the simple report in front of the clients, under the supervision of the senior consultants in the team.
- Facilitate customer enablement – Edge SaaS Product customer training and workshops, daily communication on the data, usage, definition or any other client questions.
- Improve the efficiency of the report building.
- Improve the more powerful and read-friendly report template.
- Advanced analysis to support key business decisions, including competitor analysis, business performance analysis, regression modelling and correlation analysis etc.
- Leverage knowledge of the key e-commerce platforms to improve and optimize the Clavis analytical framework
- 2-5 years of experience in corporate insight/research functions or consulting background
- Experience in the e-commerce industry, or in the e-commerce BU is an advantage
- Work experience/ serving experience with FMCG manufacture will be an advantage
- Examples of gaining insight from quantitative (e.g. customer/market/financial) data, which you used to have a significant impact on a business
- Basic analytical techniques (e.g. correlation, cluster analysis) to support key decisions;
- Understanding of varied research methodologies and data sources (internal systems, Salesforce, Google Analytics, etc.) and processes;
- Familiar with different types of analysis, market sizing, competitive, etc.
- Understanding of analytics software and data structures; Either Tableau, SPSS, PowerBI, SQL, Python is a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities in English and Chinese (Mandarin) is a must; Native English speaker preferred
- Solid project management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Fluent in Japanese or Korean is a plus
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- Annual leave
- Private medical insurance
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
Edge by Ascential™ delivers some of the industry’s most accurate and actionable sales-driving data, insights and advisory solutions for global brands and retailers looking to win in today’s ecommerce-driven world.
Formerly Brand View, Clavis Insight, One Click Retail and PlanetRetail RNG, Edge by Ascential was launched in October of 2018, bringing four brands under one roof. Our market leading products are a product of our people and we are always in the market for top talent.
If you are interested in progressing your career, this position represents a great opportunity to join our team at an exciting stage in its development and expansion. Edge is headquartered in London, with offices in the USA, UK, China, Germany and France. Find out more at www.ascentialedge.com
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?