About the role
We're looking for a Content Manager to join our team in London for a maternity cover contract.
You will run all of our bespoke events, including our Be Inspired programme and be responsible for speaker acquisition, creating great content agendas and marketing copy, and working with our logistics team to ensure they launch on time to ensure strong RSVP numbers and successful events for our clients.
As part of the Content team your key responsibilities will include:
- To lead the content and programme development of our bespoke events – masterclasses, smaller breakfasts and dinners – throughout the year
- To create new revenue ideas, new experiences and new content opportunities via world class content and customer experience
- To launch, run and manage the events within agreed strategy and budget
- To own the content and programme delivery of all bespoke events through robust project management
- To grow the number of people engaged with our events by working with the commercial teams to sell the premise of these events
- To lead the content, with support from our core content team, on the research and launch of the Be Inspired conference 2019
- To ensure delegate growth in 2019 through content and marketing excellence
- Run the monthly Be Inspired workshops and focus on growing the pool of people attending
- To develop relationships with our Be Inspired ambassadors and retail partners
- To manage the ambassador programme – liaising with existing ambassadors and recruiting new ones
- To ensure the Be Inspired website and conference site is kept up to date with new and exciting events and ambassador events
- To manage clients and work with sponsors to ensure the profitability of Be Inspired
- Proven track record of developing events/ formats
- Evidence of driving creativity across their events
- Minimum 3 years conference production experience
- Experience of driving sponsorship revenues
- Experience of launching new events
- Experience of influencing senior stakeholders and working in matrix structures
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Bonus, Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
About Retail Week.
We offer news, insights and data from the retail industry to a global audience. We’re experts in our field, occupying the number one space in our sector with an unparalleled well-established reputation.
Joining us will let you work alongside the most extraordinary individuals in a fast-paced, hard-working, high-performing team. We pride ourselves on having a high level of individual accountability and autonomy, allowing you to be flexible to do your best work.
Retail Week is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?