We're looking for a strong content Strategist to join our Consumer Technology team in Hong Kong and become an integral part of our content function.
With proven industry experience in either consumer Insight, industrial design, CMF or new product development within the consumer electronics, technology and/or gaming market. The Strategist will focus on personal content creation, you'll also collaborate with a team of international experts and provide informal support to team members.
You’ll have an in-depth understanding of trends, market analysis, new product development and the role data and analytics plays in commercial success. The Strategist will be proactive in presenting new ideas and delivering innovation with the ability to pinpoint trends that will impact the consumer electronics market.
- Responsible for researching and creating solution-driven content showing a clear understanding of client needs across several segments. To deliver this content in either written, visual or video format
- Forecasting and tracking with quantitative and qualitative data within all markets and demographics
- Active participation in the content for WGSN trend days
- Deliver traffic growth by consistently evaluating internal data and client feedback to improve content standards and relevance
- Work with international freelancers to commission and edit content
- Edit teams’ content, ensuring content standards are met and ready for sign-off, as directed Senior Strategist/Head of
- Collaborate with department and wider content team
- Travel nationally and internationally to cover industry trade shows, conferences and other events as required
- Work with the commercial teams to support client relationships
- Speak with clients to understand their needs
- Work with the consultancy arm, Mindset on research when required
- Provide quotes for press and broadcast media as required
- Line management of team with responsibility for mid-year and end-of-year reviews, setting of objectives and personal career development plans in partnership with Senior Strategist/Head of
- Develop the quality of the team members’ content and behaviours, via regular feedback and 1-to-1’s
- Proven career experience within consumer insight, Industrial design, buying, data analysis or content creation, and demonstrates a good understanding of the consumer electronics industry
- Proven knowledge of area of expertise with a good understanding of the macro to micro trends across consumer, fashion and lifestyle product areas, and the ability to pinpoint trends that will impact area of expertise
- Proven experience of research, analysis, writing and editing content
- Demonstrates an understanding of the role data and analytics plays in commercial success. Ability to analyse data and pinpoint trends that will impact the market
- Good written English
- Ability to take ownership of personal assignments, prioritise workload, and informally support other members of team
- Good organisation, communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work within an international team to ensure content or outputs are of a consistently high standard and submitted on time
- Ability to build strong working relationships with content team and work with Sales, Client Services and Marketing where appropriate
- Technical skills: Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, Adobe Creative Suite, Social Media platform
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- Annual leave
- House and rental tax benefit
- Fitness subsidy
- Private medical insurance
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane.
If you’re passionate about fashion and lifestyle this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high performance company.
WGSN is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?