- Working with colleagues around the world, you will lead and execute the global internal communications strategy, delivering targeted campaigns to promote inclusion and support our One Ascential integration programme
- Develop comprehensive comms plans and materials for business transformation and change projects, partnering with senior management and colleagues from across the business to clearly communicate change
- Work closely with HR to develop and roll-out the annual employee engagement survey, communicate survey results and manage subsequent action planning
- Own communication distribution channels, analyse our needs and roll out tools to improve communication
- Work with brands to ensure that Ascential IC channels are promoting relevant brand content, and advise brands on IC best practice
- Support delivery of key internal events e.g. annual company conference, including planning, comms, logistics and on-site management
- Programme management support for diversity & inclusion and CSR topics – demonstrable experience in running programmes in these areas is a real advantage
- Contribute to the Ascential corporate narrative, showing an understanding of the b2b media/information landscape and how we fit into it
- Work with external suppliers to design and implement PR strategies and programs, working with external agencies
- Develop thought leadership programmes – that show results – and working with senior leaders to develop their point of view on specific topics
- Drafting press releases, awards submissions and preparing media briefing documents and manage executive spokespeople
- Manage complex, fast-moving, and unexpected communications challenges with high judgment and professionalism
- Develop and manage approvals for news releases, promotional videos, graphics, fact sheets and related media materials
- Help coordinate inbound press inquiries and monitor and track coverage
The successful candidate is likely to have experience of the following areas;
- Very organised! We are very busy and constantly moving between projects – if you prefer slow and steady then this isn’t the role for you
- A proven track record in corporate communications – you absolutely don’t need a degree to apply
- A love for communication, and a deep understanding of what world-class comms look like, from both a people engagement and marketing perspective
- Knowledge of internal and external social media and the latest channels/platforms
- An excellent writer who cares deeply about language and its impact – and cares about the details
- Experienced in developing thought leadership campaigns around themes crucial to customers
- Experience and knowledge of how channel impacts the message, and how to use multi-channel campaigns to get your messaging across in the most impactful way
- You will have strong communications experience, including change management experience, and will be used to working well with senior executives.
- A proven ability to deliver internal communication campaigns that contribute to improving business performance – and the ability measure and judge campaign performance
- Great interpersonal skills – bringing a positive energy and getting a buzz from building networks and bringing people together to make things happen
- Very comfortable with digital and curious about how technology is impacting industry
- Passion for diversity & inclusion
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?