We're looking for a Credit and Collections Specialist to join our team in Baltimore as part of our Finance function.
We are looking for an experienced target driven collections specialist with a minimum of 3+ years Accounts Receivable and Collections experience within a fast-paced corporate business. The Collection Specialist will be responsible for tracking and resolving outstanding payment issues within a high value and volume function. This position requires strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask. The AR Specialist must possess excellent communication skills as they will frequently collaborate with varying levels of management.
- Ability to improve collection performance goals, reduce bad debt, DSO, and other key performance indicators
- Achieve monthly cash collection targets by actively chasing customers
- Attend and participate in collection meetings by updating and keeping manager informed of current statuses
- Enforce credit policy and assure adherence to accepted standards
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with cross functional teams involved in AR process
- Maintain agreed upon reporting metrics associated with individual portfolios.
- Ability to negotiate and manage relationships
- Strong problem solving and customer service skills
- Ability to Prioritize and multi-task is essential
- Run credit checks on new business
- Process month end closing entries in a timely manner
- Involvement on Special Projects as necessary
- Minimum of 3 years Collections experience in a fast-paced target driven business
- Confident, adaptable and ability to work effectively under pressure
- SAP systems experience an advantage
- Preferred skills in pivot tables, Vlookups and spreadsheets
- Strong communication, interpersonal, detail and team oriented, problem solving skills
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 15 days of holiday per year and an extra day for each year of service up to 20 days
- 401K – Saving Incentive plan
- Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vision benefits
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Life Assurance and Disability insurance
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?