We're looking for a Customer Success Partner to join our team in London, Dublin or Boston as part of our Revenue & Client Services function.
The Customer Success Partner is a senior commercial role and a new strategic and relationship layer for our Global Account segment. You will be working with Tier 1 enterprise customers, many in the Fortune 100, and predominantly big brands in the CPG sector who use our eCommerce SAAS analytics products for direct visibility to their brand’s online performance, to drive market share and online sales. This role sits at the Account level managing the relationship with the customer's Product Owner/Single Point Of Contact, who represents the users. This is a revenue function role with accountability for ARR and health of existing subscriptions.
Candidates have positive, productive long-term relationships with their customers and a strong track record of retention & advocacy with high touch Saas products. Candidates will typically have risen through the ranks in Professional Services and/or Account Management, Customer Success, or Customer facing program management & demonstrate leadership skills & ability to successfully influence the account teams for the customers they represent and be competently-autonomous self-starters.
Customer Health & Governance:
- Oversight across x-functional partners (Project Management, Operations, Professional Services, Product Management), to ensure best practices are deployed in all functions touching the customer. Where you find gaps, initiating specific plans to address and drive accountability within the account team and supporting functions
- You provide thought leadership, best practice and judgement to get in front of risk early, earn trust and retain happy customers
- Internal Account planning & risk forecasting - create SMART goals for each of your owned accounts; tracking of risk indicators across products and regions; regular, meaningful communication and reporting of customer health dataset to internal leadership
Trusted Partnership & Deep Understanding of Customers
- You are effective and confident operating with exec level customer stakeholders. You initiate & engage in joint business planning, you understand our customer’s user cases and how we are delivering against those. You anticipate and communicate churn risk to the internal account team and Edge leadership and you take charge of developing specific plans to address
- You achieve Trusted Advisor status with your customers & have a reputation for high standards & follow through coupled with fairness & a collaborative approach. Your customer relationships are happy AND productive
- You advocate directly on your customer’s behalf to hold internal partners & vendors to account for effective, high quality service delivery - by fair and reasonable standards. You align & document expectations, measure against those. When you escalate, you are constructive, support your case with data & propose validated pragmatic solutions
Protect Customer Health and Retain ARR
- You have strong commercial awareness and savvy. On your assigned accounts you are intimately familiar with the commercial terms, scope, renewal dates and values across all products, aware of and able to articulate how you are actively managing any identified commercial risk
- You partner with the Global Account Manager in executing renewals, driving continuous improvement, always considering ways in which we can make the renewal process less onerous, less time-pressured, less-risk prone, more automated, more scalable etc for the upcoming renewal period
- Degree qualified masters or MBA a plus. Recognised PM or CS certification an advantage
- Successful background in Customer Success, Program Management, Professional Services and/or Account Management roles in a product/service subscription model business
- Min 10 years client-facing experience, working with Enterprise level customers - ideally in the CPG sector. Experience operating at exec level and presenting, negotiating, managing expectations and communicating at this level with budget holders, sponsors and product owners.
- Proven product knowledge and experience working with complex high touch SAAS products (not plug and play or consumption-based) & proven capability to ramp up and apply same in this role
- Account planning, forecasting and renewals experience, managing an enterprise book of business within a product/service subscription model with a high renewal success rate
- Leadership experience - not necessarily as a line manager (this would be advantageous) but leading project or account teams to successful outcomes. Using best practice and judgement to provide coaching, direction, leadership by example and direct intervention as required
- CPG, eCommerce domain credibility desirable
- SF.com experience desirable
- Highly competent with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) or Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Slides)
Skills & Competencies
- Relationship building
- Planning, organising, risk management
- Renewal planning and execution
- Customer-oriented, ARR success, advocacy success
- The Ascential values of FOCUS, FACTS, ALL-IN, NO SILOS, CREATIVITY, TRANSPARENCY and EMPATHY will help you be successful in this role
- You’ll be working with talented people in high standard, supportive team environment and with a leader who will support your development
- The dynamic and fast-paced nature of the Edge business calls for people who are team players, goal-oriented, resilient, tenacious, creative and flexible
- This is a senior-level role and offers a high degree of autonomy on the proviso that your customers are stable, without escalations and well-reported internally; you are a competent self-starter, accountable, dependable and producing positive results with a passion for high performance and personal growth
What We Offer (London based)
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
Edge by Ascential™ delivers some of the industry’s most accurate and actionable sales-driving data, insights and advisory solutions for global brands and retailers looking to win in today’s ecommerce-driven world.
Formerly Brand View, Clavis Insight, One Click Retail and PlanetRetail RNG, Edge by Ascential was launched in October of 2018, bringing four brands under one roof. Our market leading products are a product of our people and we are always in the market for top talent.
If you are interested in progressing your career, this position represents a great opportunity to join our team at an exciting stage in its development and expansion. Edge is headquartered in London, with offices in the USA, UK, China, Germany and France. Find out more at www.ascentialedge.com
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?