We're looking for a Data Consultant – Digital Commerce to join our team in Singapore as part of our Product Development function.
We are looking for a professional to join Yimian by Ascential, based in Singapore. Your focus will be on supporting customers and internal product teams with Ascential’s recently launched Market Share service and to help to join the dots between digital shelf intelligence and online retailer market share data. You will report to Head of Solution in Data Consulting and Analysis Department.
This role will enable you to deliver significant value to global brands leveraging extensive expertise (7+ years’ experience in China and 10+ years’ global experience). You will work closely with Yimian team in China to understand our customers’ digital commerce strategies and requirements, aim to drive a significant impact on their growth.
- Support the senior consulting and client management teams in Singapore to deliver insights and professional services to our customers
- Responsible for customer training & enablement – focussing on market share and digital shelf services
- Support the SEA/China-based Market Share centre of excellence to adopt best practice across the region
- Advanced analysis to support customers’ key business decisions, including competitor analysis, business performance analysis, correlation analysis and regression modelling
- Promoting the use of insight & research for business decision making, and continually monitoring changes in customer needs and how the business should react
- Leverage knowledge of the key digital commerce platforms to improve and optimize analytical frameworks
- Responsible for communicating to business customers with various levels of technical knowledge, educating them about our data solution, as well as sharing insights and recommendations
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in a business intelligence-related field such as Business Analytics, Operational Research, Machine Learning, Data Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Economics
- 2+ years of experience in corporate insight/research functions, consulting background and/or experience as a Category Insights CPG brands professional will be a plus
- Experience servicing global retail brands, Experience in the retail insights and/ or ecommerce industry will be a plus
- Fluency in using SQL or Python and Hands-on experience. Proficiency in Tableau/Power BI is preferred
- Fluent written and spoken English; Chinese would be an additional advantage
- Strong Analytical skills –Proof of delivering insights from quantitative (e.g. customer/market/financial) data, positively impacting brands’ business. Familiar with different types of analysis, market sizing, competitive analysis
- Communication skills –Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical problems in simple plain stories or present to a senior customer audience. Ability to present information professionally & concisely with supporting data. Develop and manage relationships with internal and external customers
- Ability to work effectively & independently in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Ability to engage with cross-functional teams for implementation of project and program requirements
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- Annual leave
- Private medical insurance
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
About Yimian & Edge
Yimian by Ascential is specialized in data analytics and advanced AI technology to help brands in APAC to accelerate growth in digital commerce.
Edge by Ascential™ delivers some of the industry’s most accurate and actionable sales-driving data, insights and advisory solutions for global brands and retailers looking to win in today’s ecommerce-driven world.
Formerly Brand View, Clavis Insight, One Click Retail and PlanetRetail RNG, Edge by Ascential was launched in October of 2018, bringing four brands under one roof. Our market leading products are a product of our people and we are always in the market for top talent.
If you are interested in progressing your career, this position represents a great opportunity to join our team at an exciting stage in its development and expansion. Edge is headquartered in London, with offices in the USA, UK, China, Germany and France. Find out more at www.ascential.com
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?