We're looking for a Data Quality Assurance Analyst to work in house with a top UK grocery customer in Hertfordshire, UK. You will be expected to travel periodically to Edge’s office in Reading or London.
The role of DQA Analyst requires you to clearly understand our customer’s data requirements for effective use of Edge data, to identify any deviations from the agreed data standards and to work with the Project Managers and Technical Account Managers to identify and rectify data quality issues. You will take ownership of the data quality process and ensure reviews are completed to deadlines.
The DQA Analyst is critical in flagging areas in need of review and completing any changes to the data as necessary. You will be performing a broad range of data quality procedures and will work closely with all data teams to review data from harvesting products to accessing analysis in the UI. The role will report to both an Edge by Ascential Line Manager and a key Customer contact.
- Author, maintain and execute data quality rules
- Understand the Customer’s scope & requirements for the Edge data
- Collaborate with data owners at our Customers and Edge to define and agree associated monitoring metrics, data reconciliations and exception reports
- Take ownership of the quality control process, policies and guidance, maintaining up to date documentation, suggesting areas for improvements along with possible solutions
- Execute the issues management and remediation process including root cause analysis to qualify issues, assign remediation tasks and control risk to the customer
- Support Data Owners / Stewards at our Customer and Edge with implementation of remediation measures and controls ensuring solutions that prevent repeat of errors
- Dedication to quality, attention to detail, persistence and ability to follow through
- Experience data quality practices
- Intellectual curiosity with a proven ability to connect trends in data
- Excellent problem solving and data analytics skills identifying / anticipating issues and taking accountability for mitigating actions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, having the ability to manage own work, prioritise and execute against critical deliverables, coupled with a sense of personal ownership for delivery
- Logical thinker with some experience of business intelligence
- At least 1-2 years of experience working with data within a busy office environment
- Experience of Grocery retail industry desirable
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
Edge by Ascential™ delivers some of the industry’s most accurate and actionable sales-driving data, insights and advisory solutions for global brands and retailers looking to win in today’s ecommerce-driven world.
Formerly Brand View, Clavis Insight, One Click Retail and PlanetRetail RNG, Edge by Ascential was launched in October of 2018, bringing four brands under one roof. Our market leading products are a product of our people and we are always in the market for top talent.
If you are interested in progressing your career, this position represents a great opportunity to join our team at an exciting stage in its development and expansion. Edge is headquartered in London, with offices in the USA, UK, China, Germany and France. Find out more at www.ascentialedge.com
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?