We're looking for a Digital sub-editor to join our team in London as part of our Content function.
Responsibilities will include the presentation and maintenance of Retail-week.com, as well as sub-editing articles when required. You must have sub-editing experience, and be proficient with content management systems, ideally Webvision Cloud. This part-time position (three days per week) is on a six-month fixed contract. This role can be home-based, in a UK-friendly time zone.
- Sending daily subscriber newsletters – experience of using newsletter sending platforms welcome
- Ensuring the content presentation meets RWRC standards for quality and accuracy, as well as house style
- Sub editing news and analysis copy to tight deadlines
- Maintaining and updating the homepage
- Creating spin blocks where required on the website
- Maintaining and updating micro-sites such as the Report Store and Be Inspired
- Recognising and helping to resolve errors when they arise across the website
- Uploading videos to the RW YouTube account
- Updating and maintaining company profile pages and optimising for SEO
- Strong command of the English language
- CMS – content management system – experience (ideally Webvision cloud)
- Basic HTML
- Understanding of SEO and optimising content for online
- Attention to detail and willingness to be creative
- Able to manage own workload and work to deadlines
- A passion for digital content presentation and user experience
- CSS skills a bonus
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
RWRC helps businesses in the commerce sector win in the digital economy. We do this by explaining the impact of the latest developments transforming the sector, by benchmarking the digital performance of commerce companies, connecting like-minded people to build partnerships that unlock growth and inspiring people with new ideas that will drive their digital future.
Joining us will let you work alongside the most extraordinary individuals in a fast-paced, hard-working, award-winning team. We pride ourselves on having a high level of individual accountability and autonomy, allowing you the flexibility to do your best work.
RWRC is a part of the Ascential group. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?