We're looking for a Director to join our team in New York as part of our Consultancy function.
As a Director at MediaLink you will set the strategic approach to delivering on our clients’ need to learn, grow and transform in their respective sectors of media, entertainment, marketing and technology. Directors are staffed across a number of different client accounts, both responsible for total account revenue and supporting more senior leaders on larger, more complex assignments as the key product and deliverable owner. A successful person in this role will have the ability to work across a wide range of clients and company life-stages, is a self-starter and will be energized by the variety of assignments and inter-connectivity of the industry.
Consulting & Client Service
- Develop and manage client relationships, serving as one of the key points-of-contact. Note: The director will have a balance of assignments where she/he is the project lead as well as the project partner to a more senior team member based on client needs and/or the complexity of the project
- Develop practical recommendations for strategy and clearly defined execution plans to bring said strategy to life
- Support business growth opportunities with existing clients by understanding the broad MediaLink service offerings, listening for triggers and raising cross-sell and upsell opportunities strategically aligned with client needs
- Lead the process of client discovery, market research and diligence requirements including guiding interviews that source clarity from clients and net new insights from the industry
Collaboration & Communication
- Supervise junior staff with respect to approvals around communication, prioritization of project workload and evaluation of draft output for client deliverables
- Complete work as needed by the engagement lead on larger engagements; help direct junior team members and manage cross-client timelines accordingly
Business Development & Product Strategy
- Work with senior leadership to identify potential new business opportunities and draft statements of work that clearly articulate how MediaLink can accelerate their business faster than they could do on their own
- Leverage industry network, trades and MediaLink intelligence to uncover trends and opportunities for active client assignments and future business development
- 6-8 years of work experience in media, marketing, advertising, technology and/or consulting fields
- MBA desirable, but not required
- Proven experience in applying well-developed problem-solving skills (quantitative, conceptual, analytical) and crafting original strategic recommendations with limited involvement from leadership
- Proven track record of selling through recommendations to internal teams and/or clients; demonstrated success in turning ideas into actions
- Fluency in media/advertising/technology industry terms and trends
- Ability to partner across the organization to deliver engagement objectives
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 15 days of holiday per year and an extra day for each year of service up to 20 days
- 401K – Saving Incentive plan
- Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vision benefits
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Life Assurance and Disability insurance
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
At MediaLink, we create competitive advantage and growth strategies for large- scale organisations. We drive growth and foster innovation by identifying key challenges, providing practical tactics and helping to implement the solutions.
Unlike other companies, we can offer you access to direct client relationships with large global companies at a senior level. We provide you with the opportunities, strategies and execution of these to help you develop and grow, all while giving you access to senior leadership and their expertise.
MediaLink is a part of the Ascential group. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?