We’re looking for a Director of Data Science to lead the Edge Retail Insights intelligence team in London.
- Structure data within Edge Retail Insight platform, defining dimensions, hierarchies, attributes, tags relationships across the data
- Lead a team of analysts, directing and prioritizing their day-to-day activities which include collecting and structuring data for the platform, creating and deploying dashboards and visualizations, defining and prioritizing new measures and KPIs to be added to the tool
- Craft and oversee processes for data validation tasks and QA
- Devise product improvements within Edge Retail Insight scope – including analyzing new datasets, internal or external. Partner closely with Product Management leadership to design, implement and analyze experiments to develop new data products
- Lead automation of manual processes and tasks such as news harvesting and curation (build or source innovation partner)
- Support internal stakeholders or clients with Data queries
- Prototype new ways to visualize and understand data relationships
- Lead the research and development, and implementation of new and improved forecasting methods to refine our market and retailer forecasts.
- Guide and direct external team regarding data-related topics
You have a BSc or higher in Computer Science, Statistics, Business Analytics, Econometrics, Applied Math, Physics, Machine Learning or other quantitative scientific discipline. You don’t just apply out-of-the-box models, you know how they work, when they work and why they work.
Proven experience in an advanced Analytics and Data Science role, ideally with exposure to modelling customer and sales modelling, economic and financial modelling, demand forecasting, digital marketing, etc.
- Demonstrable team leadership skills, with a proven track record of fostering a collaborative environment. Bringing together different skill sets across geographies to solve complex problems
- Experience in taking a project from manipulating raw data, through exploratory analysis and algorithmic development, to production and ongoing improvement.
- Experience in data analytics, modeling and programming using languages like R, Python, Java or Scala.
- Experience accessing and working with data in SQL
- Data visualization knowledge e.g. Experience with Tableau, Power BI, Looker or other business intelligence tools
- Plan, and conduct, end-to-end analyses, from data requirement gathering, to accessing new data sources, to data processing and modelling.
- Ability to apply “continuous improvement” techniques to implement long term solutions, and improve business processes; finding opportunities to apply data science techniques to real problems
- Demonstrated ability to apply business and technical knowledge to evaluate and solve complex problems, produce results, and make recommendations
- Analytical curiosity and ability to flex between big picture strategic thinking and sharp attention to detail
- Communicate in a clear, concise, and open manner through verbal, written, and non-verbal methods, to audiences of various sizes and levels
- Self-starter who can move forward in the face of ambiguity and can help drive to clarity and impact in projects.
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships throughout the organization and collaborate with other groups.
- Quick learner and able to adapt to changing environment and learn new, complex topics; a consummate learner.
- Able to balance mathematical rigor with an action orientation to solve real business problems in a rapid timeframe.
- Driven to not only solve problems but to collaborate with, contribute to, and learn from others.
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
Edge by Ascential™ delivers some of the industry’s most accurate and actionable sales-driving data, insights and advisory solutions for global brands and retailers looking to win in today’s ecommerce-driven world.
Formerly Brand View, Clavis Insight, One Click Retail and PlanetRetail RNG, Edge by Ascential was launched in October of 2018, bringing four brands under one roof. Our market leading products are a product of our people and we are always in the market for top talent.
If you are interested in progressing your career, this position represents a great opportunity to join our team at an exciting stage in its development and expansion. Edge is headquartered in London, with offices in the USA, UK, China, Germany and France. Find out more at www.ascentialedge.com
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?