We're looking for a Director for our new Technical Account Management team to join our Data Operations in Salt Lake City or Boston and become an integral part of our design team
You will have responsibility for a regional team of technical account managers and who will be managing assigned accounts in the region.
This new team will ensure that customers are extracting the most value out of their investment in Edge and specifically that their subscriptions services are optimized to meet their business needs. As this is a new function and you will have the opportunity alongside your counterparts in other regions, to define the remit and scope of this function.
- Ensure that the Technical Account Management team develops strong relationships with your customers and develops a deep understanding of their subscription service and the configuration of that service for their needs, sharing technical best practices and acting as point of contact for any major incidents, managing the customer’s expectations and communications through resolution of such incidents.
- Act as the customer advocate within the Edge business and act as the Edge advocate and single point of contact for the customer teams. This role will involve complex internal management across multiple functions to ensure that the customers’ needs are being met, likewise this role will work in concert with Customer Success and Sales to assure renewal and growth of accounts.
- Be responsible for owning the ‘red to green’ process for customers within your region and will be empowered to drive to resolution across multiple functions.
- Collaboration with our most strategic customers is a primary responsibility and demonstrating comprehensive knowledge of the Edge product platforms is key.
- Build out and develop a team to support Technical Account Management within the region
- Develop relationships with key business and technology stakeholders and become an expert in the Edge product portfolio
- Ensure that customers’ subscriptions and service are delivered per the terms of the agreed contract (expectation management) and subject to a governance process that will include regular meetings with the customer
- Create standards and processes to ensure that a customer’s implementation is well understood and is aligned to support their business goals and priorities.
- Work with the wider global account teams to deliver consistent superior experience for the customer across all markets
- Support Sales Operations to ensure that we are subscriptions are positioned for smart growth
- Provide relevant technical recommendations, guidance and planning on configuration and integrations specifics to fit customers’ business needs
- Proactive liaison and focal point into Edge Operations, Technical Support, Engineering and Product Management Teams, to address product feature/technical hurdles.
- Proactively communicate to customers of software or algorithm changes or potential disruptions to their service and advise on mitigation strategies.
- Provide proactive Communications in the event of a service degradation or disruption including escalation management
- Travel up to 30% as this role will involve travel both to customers and to interact with teams in locations across the region.
- This list is not exhaustive and there may be other activities you are required to deliver.
- The ideal candidate is a strong team player with the ability to work at all levels in an organization, building relationships and collaborating well across internal functions and able to navigate effectively within a customer organization.
- You will have a technical background and be comfortable learning new technologies and interfacing directly with technical teams.
- You will have experience managing and developing teams and a proven track record in translating complex technical and business issues into tangible solutions and in working with tier one global customers.
- BA/BS Degree (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 8 years relevant work experience in one or more of the following: Enterprise Architecture, Technology Consulting, Customer Success, Technology Solutions Development or Solutions Architecture.
- Experience in dealing with large, tier one customers in a SAAS company
- Comfortable in dealing with IT systems
- Project and Programme Management experience
- Proven ability to manage remote teams in a highly complex environment
- Aptitude for both analyzing technical concepts and translating them into business terms, and for mapping business requirements into technical features.
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being, and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 15 days of holiday per year and an extra day for each year of service up to 20 days
- 401K – Saving Incentive plan
- Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vision benefits
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Life Assurance and Disability insurance
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
Edge by Ascential™ delivers some of the industry’s most accurate and actionable sales-driving data, insights and advisory solutions for global brands and retailers looking to win in today’s ecommerce-driven world.
Formerly Brand View, Clavis Insight, One Click Retail and PlanetRetail RNG, Edge by Ascential was launched in October of 2018, bringing four brands under one roof. Our market leading products are a product of our people and we are always in the market for top talent.
If you are interested in progressing your career, this position represents a great opportunity to join our team at an exciting stage in its development and expansion. Edge is headquartered in London, with offices in the USA, UK, China, Germany and France. Find out more at www.ascentialedge.com
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?