We're looking for an Editor-in-Chief to join our team in London and become an integral part of our content team.
The Editor-in-Chief will be a strong subject matter expert with good connections across the business of digital commerce, ideally in all regions but especially in the US market. The Editor in Chief is required to build clear annual content marketing plans in line with the objectives set by the marketing team. And then ensure the successful delivery of these plans.
Strategic and operational leadership of all published content marketing across the global Edge business – with primary focus on delivering outstanding written, audio and video content to engage, acquire and retain customers and prospects for Edge.
The role requires close liaison with Edge’s marketing function as they will be setting the objectives for success in the role. However, this role reports directly to the Global Content Director in order to ensure the quality and alignment of all content.
This role requires three core elements; firstly, a strong understanding and enthusiasm for what drives success for brands and retailers in digital commerce. Secondly, the ability to select and amplify the content that will most successfully engage Edge customers and construct robust and effective plans to deliver this. Thirdly, the skills to deliver high quality thought leadership content in line with this, that will make customers sit up and take note of the Edge proposition and differentiate Edge from competitors.
- Overall responsibility for orchestrating and delivering Edge’s written, audio and video content marketing
- Refine and develop a clear tone of voice and editorial position for all Edge content
- Build annual plans for all aspects of this content marketing and ensure their timely delivery
- Work closely with the marketing team to target specific customer segments
- Deliver content in all forms as is most effective; primarily written but also slide decks, webinars, videos and podcasts
- Create a creative culture that is able to generate fresh and compelling ideas that drive audience and delegate engagement
- Build strong relationships across Edge and Ascential to harvest, repackage and piggyback relevant existing content for content marketing purposes
- Over time, build strong connections with the leading players in ecommerce to further drive content marketing – eg in interview format, content-sharing, partnerships
- Represent Edge as required to customers and in public
- Manage the Writer / Copywriter / Analyst as required to deliver these goals
- Proven editorial skills – written (essential), presenting (essential), video, podcasts
- Confident with data and analytics
- Strong subject matter knowledge, ideally from a global perspective
- Significant experience of planning and delivering demanding levels of high quality content
- Able to develop winning creative ideas
- Experience of working globally or across at least two major regions
- A strong network of industry contacts and the know-how to gain access to more
- The capability to “speak the language” of ecommerce
- The commercial savvy to find ways to meet our commercial goals without compromising editorial quality
- Problem solver and a self-starter – must be able to think on your feet and react calmly under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail – we strive to ensure that everything we deliver is at a premium level
- Self-motivated - able to work independently and take responsibility for all aspects of the job in hand
- Flexible – must be willing to be involved with / lead on ad hoc projects beyond core role and willing and able to travel internationally as necessary
- Results-driven – generating ideas, but also seeing them through to completion and execution in a rigorous, data-driven, organized manner
- Education at Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Ideally minimum of 8 years of related experience
- Familiar with all sectors covered by Edge:
- Defining retail strategies with market intelligence and forecasting
- Demystifying digital shelf execution to drive margin and sales growth online
- Enhancing online performance measurement with sales and market share
- Optimising ecommerce performance on Amazon for brands
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
Edge by Ascential™ delivers some of the industry’s most accurate and actionable sales-driving data, insights and advisory solutions for global brands and retailers looking to win in today’s ecommerce-driven world.
Formerly Brand View, Clavis Insight, One Click Retail and PlanetRetail RNG, Edge by Ascential was launched in October of 2018, bringing four brands under one roof. Our market leading products are a product of our people and we are always in the market for top talent.
If you are interested in progressing your career, this position represents a great opportunity to join our team at an exciting stage in its development and expansion. Edge is headquartered in London, with offices in the USA, UK, China, Germany and France. Find out more at www.ascentialedge.com
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?