We are looking for an Enterprise Data Engineer to join our new Decision Science Lab.
- Lead data engineering for the data science team and act as a conduit back to the core data engineering team
- Own all data extraction, transformation, and loading of data required for data science projects
- Can efficiently work with large data sets (>1 TB)
- Setup and optimize all clusters on Qubole based on data science project requirements
- Assist data science team in Spark code optimization
- Ability to deploy and implement models developed by data science team
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking environment.
- Drive secure solutions that perform well and scale with the organization. Strong point of view on how things should get done
- Drive standardization on software solutions being implemented for data storage for all ETL processing.
- Determine the right data strategy for loading data efficiently and accurately
- Determine the right place for a data source to be stored to be used optimally. Determine where data sets should be loaded for application use or reporting use.
- Architect the proper data model for Application performance and reporting visualization
- Oversee data security and best in class data access protection procedures are in place
- Identify poorly running SQL and make changes to SQL or business process to correct issues
- Create custom monitoring jobs to keep database performance statistics and project future growth
- Determine an archive strategy for all data that will encompass a hot, warm, cold data strategy. As it becomes costlier to store data in Red Shift, we need to determine what data should be kept there for fast retrieval and then determine what data needs to be available at a more cost-effective option
- Troubleshoot and conduct root cause analysis on all data delays and inaccuracies to provide proactive monitoring and automation is in place
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in IT/Data-related field
- At least 3 years of experience in Python and/or R
- At least 3 years of SQL experience
- At least 2 years of AWS or other Cloud technology experience
- At least 2 years of Qubole experience
- At least 2 years of Spark experience
- At least 2 years of Sprint Planning/Development using JIRA
- At least 6 years of experience in Python and/or R
- At least 6 years of SQL experience
- At least 5 years of AWS or other Cloud technology experience
- At least 5 years of Qubole experience
- At least 5 years of Spark experience
- At least 3 years of Sprint Planning/Development using JIRA
- At least 2 years of Redshift/Snowflake/Data Warehouse experience
- At least 2 years of EMR experience
- At least 2 years of Airflow experience
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K – Saving Incentive plan
- Very Generous Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Life Assurance and Disability insurance
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
Flywheel Digital is a diverse collection of practitioners who have solved the most challenging problems for numerous Fortune 500 companies on Amazon. We love rolling up our sleeves to figure out the root cause of issues and implement structural fixes to get and keep our client's business on track. Our team of business managers, search managers, analysts, and software developers work together to provide industry-leading support to the best brands on Amazon. Flywheel are headquartered in Baltimore in the United States and have recently set up a European hub in London. In 2018 Flywheel was acquired by Ascential PLC.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?