We're looking for a EU Senior Consultant to join our team in London as part of our Content function.
DeHavilland, the leading provider of political intelligence in the UK and EU, has set itself ambitious goals for its EU business for 2021, and we are investing in our EU service with the service and commercial team’s set to grow next year. We are looking for a Senior Consultant to come in and work with our Service Manager to help us lead that team and achieve those goals.
DeHavilland is on an exciting journey to build on its unparalleled reputation for political monitoring, providing greater intelligence and insight through our expertise, research and relationships. Our consultant-level roles are at the leading edge of this strategy, designed with the flexibility to build on your existing policy expertise through networking, taking part in events and growing your own reputation along with DeHavilland’s.
As a key member of DeHavilland’s EU team, you will also be responsible for a portfolio of big-name clients in who are relying on you to help them navigate this fast-changing policy landscape. You will make sure the public affairs professionals you work with can cut through the noise, while never missing a policy development that could affect them, however nuanced. You will help them join the dots between politics and policy, give them visibility of what might lie ahead, and provide the tools they need to build political engagement. As line manager to the three other people you will enjoy the satisfaction of developing others, and directly contributing to the future direction of the business as a whole.
When applying for this role, we encourage you to include a Cover Letter along with your CV.
- Provide written and verbal political intelligence to your clients
- Work with the Service Manager to manage the EU team to ensure all members are providing the best service to clients
- Take a leading role in growing your portfolio and communicating opportunities across the business
- Raise your profile and that of DeHavilland by attending and taking part in events and contributing and executing ideas for impactful content and research
- Excellent knowledge of EU institutions and the policy process in Brussels
- Ideally, someone who has some experience working on energy, transport or digital policy in a consultancy and/or the European Parliament
- Line management experience is not essential, but the desire to lead and develop team members is
- Ability to deliver information accurately and impactfully in a fast-paced environment
- First-class writing and verbal communication skills in English at native level or equivalent
- A keen eye for quality and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, including communication and a commitment to give and seek feedback
- Flexibility, great team-work, high personal motivation
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We believe politics shouldn’t happen without you. We bring expert clarity to the changing political environment, enabling our customers to enhance their influence and anticipate risks and opportunities.
We’re a brand with the autonomy to make changes quickly, but with the support of a larger organisation. This enables us to constantly refine our political intelligence and research services and gives our employees the freedom to explore and develop.
DeHavilland is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?