We're looking for a Finance Analyst to join our team in London as part of our Finance function.
We have newly created a Finance Analyst role to support the rapidly growing EDGE finance team. The successful candidate will be supporting the team in delivering business as usual finance activities, month end requirements, and ad-hoc project work focusing on Commissions, ARR & Revenue optimisation. The candidate will also have a role in providing finance support to leaders across the EDGE business
- Responsible for day-to-day Billings & Revenue activities; including daily and weekly sales reporting, forecasting and month end duties (including commissions). Activities including:
- Prepare and review P&L variance analysis at month end and forecast cycles as well as board pack preparation
- Preparation of commissions payments, accruals and prepayment journals
- You will work closely in building relationships with the Sales department as well as our wider finance functions
- Ensuring Sales Force data is right and has the necessary level of quality to operate the business. They will work with the cross-brand team to establish benchmarks and a measurement framework that will give senior stakeholders a comprehensive view of the current assessment of data quality, the trend in terms of measurement and what steps can be put in place to correct identified issues and people/process challenges/opportunities
- Own and manage data quality, ensuring consistency and completeness of customer data
- Work closely with project teams to build functionality that improves data quality at point of entry (front- end platforms and SF) e.g. Validation rules etc
- Ad-hoc project work required to support objectives of Commercial finance team
- Reviewing processes and identifying opportunities to deliver efficiency and understanding through enhanced analysis/reporting
- Bachelor’s degree – Accounting/Finance preferable
- Likely studying towards/Part qualified CIMA, ACCA, or ACA accountant
- Demonstrable Microsoft Excel skills; extremely comfortable building Excel models/reports
- Experience with FinancialForce and Salesforce, SAP accounting suite including Hyperion Financial Management desirable
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines, manage multiple deliverables and build cross-functional partnerships
- Previous experience working in a B2B information services / SAAS business is favourable
- Comfortable working with large datasets and able to distil complex issues down to key messages
- Strong organisational skills and capable of juggling multiple competing priorities
- Experience of business partnering, working with, and challenging teams from other functions/disciplines
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
Edge by Ascential™ delivers some of the industry’s most accurate and actionable sales-driving data, insights and advisory solutions for global brands and retailers looking to win in today’s ecommerce-driven world.
Formerly Brand View, Clavis Insight, One Click Retail and PlanetRetail RNG, Edge by Ascential was launched in October of 2018, bringing four brands under one roof. Our market leading products are a product of our people and we are always in the market for top talent.
If you are interested in progressing your career, this position represents a great opportunity to join our team at an exciting stage in its development and expansion. Edge is headquartered in London, with offices in the USA, UK, China, Germany and France. Find out more at www.ascentialedge.com
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?