We’re looking for a Finance Analyst Support Functions to join the Group Finance team in London. Reporting to Finance Director – Business Partners, the Finance Analyst position will be responsible for providing critical analytical support, working closely with both the immediate team and wider Finance community. This is a unique opportunity to contribute towards the ongoing success of an expanding team within a growing, exciting FTSE 250 company, with exposure to senior leadership across the organisation.
Working as part of our Group Finance function your key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the development of budget/forecast templates/presentations and monthly reporting packs.
- Assisting with the resource planning presentations and process.
- Updating month-end templates, checking submissions and working with functional business partners to provide commentary.
- Assisting with Capex reviews and investment case tracking.
- Development of supplier spend MI including volume of suppliers used and spend levels by cost type/function.
- Development of monthly expenditure MI such as travel and expenses.
- Supplier reconciliation as required.
- Purchase order support as needed.
- Ad-hoc analytical support such as review of technology hosting costs.
The successful candidate is likely to have experience of the following areas;
- Part-qualified accountant.
- Relevant degree from a top university.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint (knowledge of ThinkCell an advantage).
- Experience of Essbase and Hyperion Planning an advantage.
- Comfortable building Excel models/reports. Knowledge of macros/SQL would be looked on very favourably.
- High degree of numeracy with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Able to work proactively, independently, efficiently and accurately in a time sensitive environment.
- Forward thinker who challenges the status quo and drives continuous improvement.
- Attention to detail and a laser sharp focus on analytical excellence.
- Comfortable working with large datasets and able to distil complex issues down to key messages.
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?