We’re looking for an experienced Finance Analyst to join us here at Ascential – the global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
You’ll be based in London and become an integral part of our finance function responsible for delivering insight and reporting directly to senior business leaders as part of the monthly reporting cycle.
- Monthly payroll, headcount analysis and reporting, partnering with HR and other Finance teams as required.
- Monthly cost/expenses reporting and publication.
- Monthly capex submissions and assisting with the production of detailed packs for major projects.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Reviewing process and identifying opportunities to deliver efficiency and understanding through enhanced analysis/reporting.
- Assisting with the production of monthly reporting packs for executive budget holders.
- Assisting the budget and forecasting process, ensuring accuracy and financial rigour.
- Ad-hoc support of the Business Partners team and wider finance function as required.
- High degree of numeracy with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Highly personable, comfortable interacting with and challenging more senior stakeholders.
- Able to work proactively, independently, efficiently and accurately in a time sensitive environment.
- Attention to detail and a laser sharp focus on financial excellence.
- Comfortable working with large datasets and able to distil complex issues down to key messages.
- Likely working towards a professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA).
- Experience of business partnering and working with teams from other functions/disciplines.
- Strong Excel with a solid understanding of lookups, pivot tables and other formulae/tools that assist with analytical tasks.
- Experience of Essbase and Hyperion Planning an advantage.
- Extremely comfortable building Excel models/reports. Knowledge of macros/SQL would be looked on very favourably.
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?