We're looking for a Finance Analyst – Support Functions to join our team in London as part of our Finance function.
The successful candidate is to likely be a part-qualified accountant who has fulfilled a similar role in a retail, media or technology company and is looking for the next step in their career.
Our approach has been increasingly to become ‘one business’ (rather than a collection of standalone entities) and in doing so focus on driving consistent ways of working through automation, process efficiency and the sharing of best practice. To help drive this effort, we are looking for a high calibre candidate to join the Business Partners Finance Team. Reporting to the Head of Finance – Business Partners, the Finance Analyst position will be responsible for providing critical analytical support, working closely with both the immediate team and the wider Finance community. This is a unique opportunity to contribute towards the ongoing success of an expanding team within a growing, exciting FTSE 250 company, with exposure to senior leadership across the organisation.
- Assisting with the development of budget/forecast templates/presentations and monthly reporting packs
- Assisting with the resource planning presentations and process
- Updating month-end templates, checking submissions and working with functional business partners to provide commentary
- Assisting with Capex reviews and investment case tracking
- Development of supplier spend MI including volume of suppliers used and spend levels by cost type/function
- Development of monthly expenditure MI such as travel and expenses
- Supplier reconciliation as required
- Purchase order support as needed
- Ad-hoc analytical support such as review of technology hosting costs
Knowledge and experience:
- Part-qualified accountant
- Relevant degree
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint (knowledge of ThinkCell an advantage)
- Experience of Essbase and Hyperion Planning an advantage
- Comfortable building Excel models/reports. Knowledge of macros/SQL would be looked on very favourably
Skills and attributes:
- High degree of numeracy with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Able to work proactively, independently, efficiently and accurately in a time-sensitive environment
- Forward-thinker who challenges the status quo and drives continuous improvement
- Attention to detail and a laser-sharp focus on analytical excellence
- Comfortable working with large datasets and able to distil complex issues down to key messages
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?