We're looking for a European Financial Controller to join us in London and become an integral part of our Ascential Edge team. The Europe Financial Controller will be a key individual within Finance function as the business grows rapidly. The individual will oversee the accounting systems, processes, and procedures to ensure efficient operations and that accounting records are consistent and accurate, as well as oversee appropriate controls, checks, and balances across all operating entities across Edge Europe.
- Oversee the daily accounting operations (invoicing, accounts receivables, accounts payable, vendor contracts), working with the existing team to develop best practice in these areas. You will also work closely in building relationships with our central finance functions and global transaction accounting function, based in India;
- Overall responsibility for month-end and year-end financial close process;
- Responsible for overseeing the implementation of new finance systems and the continued development and documentation of the processes and controls; and
- Manage and ensure the business complies with local reporting requirements and tax filings, and will also be the key point of contact for external and internal auditors.
- ACA or ACCA with extensive relevant work experience
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and efficient, with the ability to effectively prioritize amongst various tasks
- Ability to work independently
- Prior experience with systems (Oracle, hyperion Essebase, HFM, financial force, Salesforce) very important, as well as having advanced excel skills.
- Previous experience working in a B2B information services / SAAS business is favourable.
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
Edge by Ascential™ delivers some of the industry’s most accurate and actionable sales-driving data, insights and advisory solutions for global brands and retailers looking to win in today’s ecommerce-driven world. Formerly Brand View, Clavis Insight, One Click Retail and PlanetRetail RNG, Edge by Ascential was launched in October of 2018, bringing four brands under one roof. Our market leading products are a product of our people and we are always in the market for top talent. If you are interested in progressing your career, this position represents a great opportunity to join our team at an exciting stage in its development and expansion. Edge is headquartered in London, with offices in the USA, UK, China, Germany and France. Find out more at www.ascentialedge.com
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us