We are looking for an ambitious and self-driven Front-end Engineer to join our team in Dublin as part of our Technology function. As a Front-End Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing visual elements that users see and interact within a web application, which makes your role crucial for the success of our business.
At our company, you will be working with the latest technology, you will have the chance to advance and grow your career.
- Use a variety of programming languages in order to create user-friendly web pages and REST APIs
- Maintain and improve the company web applications
- Work in multidisciplinary team with other professionals such as back-end developers and BI engineers
- Optimize our web applications for maximum speed
- Always stay consistent with our brand guidelines
- 5+ years experience in developing clean and functional , well tested and easy to use user interfaces
- Deep understanding of modern JS framework(s) e.g. React, Angular, or Vue. (Preferably Angular 6+ is a Plus)
- Experience with Typescript a plus
- Drive consistent responsive style, look & feel, and experiences that help improve our product with CSS and HTML
- CSS preprocessor knowledge: (SASS, SCSS, LESS, etc.) is a plus
- Understanding of REST API design and usage
- Good hands on experience with cloud services like AWS API gateways, cloud front, S3, Cognito, lambda functions, AWS is preferred
- Good understanding of relational databases and nosql database is a plus
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year
- Health Insurance – Laya Secure Plus
- Tax Saver Travel Tickets
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Pension (On Passing Probation)
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
Edge by Ascential™ delivers some of the industry’s most accurate and actionable sales-driving data, insights and advisory solutions for global brands and retailers looking to win in today’s ecommerce-driven world.
Formerly Brand View, Clavis Insight, One Click Retail and PlanetRetail RNG, Edge by Ascential was launched in October of 2018, bringing four brands under one roof. Our market leading products are a product of our people and we are always in the market for top talent.
If you are interested in progressing your career, this position represents a great opportunity to join our team at an exciting stage in its development and expansion. Edge is headquartered in London, with offices in the USA, UK, China, Germany and France. Find out more at www.ascentialedge.com
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?