We’re looking for a Group Commercial Finance Manager to join the Group Finance team in London. Reporting to Finance Director – Business Partners, the Group Commercial Finance Manager will be responsible for strategic planning, budgeting. forecasting and the production of all key reporting outputs, working closely with and being the primary business partner to the Group Chief Financial Officer (CFO). A key responsibility for this high-profile role will be to streamline existing process, increase the quality of insight and help develop the blueprint for a leading business partnering team.
Working as part of our Group Finance function your key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the CFO providing critical financial support and guidance
- Managing the budget and forecasting process, ensuring accuracy and financial rigour
- Ownership of the month-end process, working with offshore financial processing team
- Production of monthly financial MI and executive presentations for the Finance Executive
- Tracking Finance projects ensuring tight financial control
- Enhancing the presentation, timeliness and quality of financial reporting
- Provision of ad-hoc analysis and support as required
The successful candidate is likely to have experience of the following areas;
- Qualified accountant with previous relevant work experience
- Strong business partnering experience gained in a fast-paced media or technology company
- Relevant degree from a top university (or equivalent qualification)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint (knowledge of ThinkCell an advantage)
- Experience of Essbase and Hyperion Planning an advantage
- Experienced in presenting commercial and financial metrics to a non-finance audience and/or key stakeholder(s)
- Extremely comfortable building Excel models/reports. Knowledge of macros/SQL would be looked on very favourably
- High degree of numeracy with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Commercially minded, able to identify opportunities that deliver increased value to the business and land them
- Highly personable, comfortable interacting with and challenging senior stakeholders
- Able to work proactively, independently, efficiently and accurately in a time sensitive environment
- Forward thinker who challenges the status quo and drives continuous improvement
- Attention to detail and a laser sharp focus on financial management excellence
- Comfortable working with large datasets and able to distil complex issues down to key messages
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?