We're looking for a Group Events Director to join our team in London as part of our Events function.
Retail Week & World Retail Congress (RWRC) is looking for an exceptional Groups Event Director for a maternity cover. This role will oversee the development, production and delivery of Retail Week Live and World Retail Congress, working very closely with all team functions - content, sales, marketing and operations. The ideal candidate will be highly creative, detail-oriented and a confident communicator, with a passion for live events.
- Develop robust business strategy to drive fast growth of the whole RWRC event business across all functions and communicate these effectively to all teams
- Set event budgets, targets and KPI’s for costs and revenue alongside MD and FD to reflect our live events strategy
- Manage the live events P&L to maximise business return
- Oversee all pricing strategies to drive maximum revenue through customer volume and value
- Conduct all post event analysis and track retention and AOV of customers
- Set and implement all processes to optimise the smooth running of all events
- Train, manage and lead the content and operations team. Ensure the highest-level quality of research, content, format and seniority of speakers through close management
- Be creative and continually look for new formats and other commercial opportunities to bring to events
- Work alongside operations to ensure we are getting the best rates from all suppliers. Support on tender processes and negotiations where needed
- Work with marketing on a strategic marketing plan for each key event and oversee delivery throughout the lifecycle of the event
- Own the public relations strategy for all our live events and negotiate the contract with Big Top (supplier)
- Work collaboratively with RWRC editorial team to ensure coverage of events across Retail Week platforms
- Working with commercial leaders plan strategic sales plans for each key event and oversee delivery throughout the lifecycle of the event
- Working with Commercial Director and sponsorship team to grow sponsorship revenues by facilitating the closest possible working relationship between content team, operations team and sponsorship sales
- Actively support commercial functions in sales training, in particular supporting delegate sales with their pitches
- 3+ years’ experience of Directing Live Events and team management
- Retail Industry understanding, and experience preferred
- Innovative and creative - Ready to lead and work as part of a highly creative team to develop exciting and highly profitable events
- Detail oriented - excellent planning skills for people, project and budgets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills to translate into business planning
- Extremely well organised and able to manage and prioritise a diverse workload
- Able to create a network of peers and build relationships across the business
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
RWRC helps businesses in the commerce sector win in the digital economy. We do this by explaining the impact of the latest developments transforming the sector, by benchmarking the digital performance of commerce companies, connecting like-minded people to build partnerships that unlock growth and inspiring people with new ideas that will drive their digital future.
Joining us will let you work alongside the most extraordinary individuals in a fast-paced, hard-working, award-winning team. We pride ourselves on having a high level of individual accountability and autonomy, allowing you the flexibility to do your best work.
RWRC is a part of the Ascential group. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?