Your work will cover the following three main areas:
Tax compliance and reporting:
- Responsible for preparation of the corporation tax computations for all UK group companies, ensuring that relevant filings, elections and payments are made on time.
- Working with outsource providers to deliver corporation tax compliance for all non-UK group companies.
- Assisting with ad hoc queries from tax authorities, helping to build and maintain a good working relationship with our CCM and individual tax Inspectors.
- Preparing ad hoc employment filings e.g. PSA filings and ad hoc queries.
- Responsible for preparation of the group’s tax accounting calculations, including monthly, interim and year-end reporting as well as disclosures for external reporting.
- Working closely with the external auditors to ensure successful interim and year-end audit process.
- Responsible for preparation and maintenance of the tax forecasting process covering ETR and cash tax.
Tax planning and management:
- Assisting with delivering the strategy for tax optimisation and ETR and cash tax management for the Group.
- Assisting with delivering the group’s transfer pricing strategy, and responsible for maintaining full documentation.
- Working with the Group Finance team to ensure real time accounting for intragroup transactions (both financing and operational) in line with the group’s transfer pricing policy.
Ad hoc tax advice:
- Regular liaison with the businesses to understand key changes and assist the tax team to advise on the tax treatment of new business initiatives.
- Supporting the tax and Finance department in driving productivity and efficiencies in relation to tax compliance processes including the facilitation of implementation of the new ERP and connected infrastructure in 2020.
- Providing direct tax compliance support on M&A transactions e.g. dataroom compliance, compliance aspects of due diligence reviews.
The successful candidate is likely to have experience of the following areas;
- Qualified tax advisor (CTA or equivalent or ACA or equivalent with corporate tax experience)
- Organised and disciplined process management
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapid change, international business
- Takes the initiative and able to work under pressure
- Strong communication skills to effectively work with team members at all levels and distil complex issues
- Able to handle complexity and identify key points for insight and action
- Collaborative, open style
- Motivated by the chance to change things for the better
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?