We're looking for a Head of Account Development, EMEA to join our team in London as part of our Client Services function.
Managing a team of 5, the Head of Account Development, EMEA is responsible for increasing spend from our EMEA based clients. We are improving our core products all the time, adding more features and content to create upsell potential; we have launched new products - giving us the opportunity to introduce new capabilities to our clients and we have a portfolio of products across Ascential, our parent company, providing the opportunity to work on significant bigger proposals. The successful candidate should enjoy the training and development of a team - there is more of this than direct client contact in this role. This is very much a leadership role - retention of clients and growing their spend through our expanded product offering is very high profile at WARC and there is clear scope to improve on what we've achieved so far.
- Drive the EMEA AD team to achieve its renewal, upsell, winback and advisory targets
- Work with the Head of New Business, EMEA to ensure the EMEA commercial team hits its overall annual revenue target
- Ruthless focus on the customer - Work with the Client Value team to ensure service excellence across our client base and tangible proof of value for clients
- Create an atmosphere where the AD team – as individuals and a group – can thrive and achieve their full potential
- Provide planned & structured group and individual motivation to the AD and wider EMEA Commercial team
- Train & coach individual team members to achieve the highest level of consistent sales performance possible – formally and informally
- Plan, structure and manage the EMEA territory – and team – to achieve maximum revenues
- Closely manage the renewals forecast, on a group and individual basis, to enable accurate forecasting 3 months out
- Demonstrable commercial acumen - have experience in accurately forecasting and hitting sales targets, understanding of growth drivers
- Have extensive management experience of a sales team, of both junior and senior members of staff - and enjoy nurturing and developing talent
- Business systems experience and a genuine interest in using data to back up decision making, with the ability to manipulate data in Excel, Salesforce and a willingness to understand new systems
- Be able to identify relationship gaps and work with the Team and Marketing to create deeper relationships with clients
- Industry knowledge or experience in B2B or subscriptions-based business - have worked in the advertising or marketing industry, experience at an agency, media or brand owner desirable
- You have proven experience in client and account management, managing a range of customer types from C-suite clients to smaller businesses
- Experience at implementing and scrutinising processes, to ensure standards are high
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We work with the global advertising industry to make smarter, more effective marketing. We’re the global authority on advertising and media effectiveness, offering unbiased advice on almost any advertising and marketing issue.
We’re a brand full of smart people who are genuinely interested in the world’s most effective advertising, as well as the agencies and clients who make it. We’re proud of the reputation WARC has in the industry, striving to be excellent at everything we do.
WARC is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?