We're looking for a Head of Brand & Content to join our team in London as part of our Marketing function.
The Head of Brand & Content will play a crucial role in repositioning this nearly 70-year-old brand by creating content and managing programmes that drive engagement and demand for all LIONS’ products and programmes.
You will be able to leave your mark by shaping the new LIONS voice and growing our community, made of individuals who: believe in creativity, its potential and understand its power; take the harder path, in an ongoing search for something exceptional; look ahead, aim higher and always push for better.
- Develop integrated, creative campaigns in line with brand and product strategies. There’s space for experimentation and innovation: you’ll be able to do your best work so far
- Be the mind behind the stories and messaging for all campaigns working closely with the marketing channels’ owners - email, website, PR, social - to translate stories and messages for these channels
- Be the guardian of the brand’s tone of voice ensuring that tone of voice principles are consistently applied across the business, especially working closely with the content team
- Write creative, compelling copy that has stopping power, for all marketing channels
- Be in charge of our newsletter - from strategy to execution - giving it a distinctive editorial direction
- Create and manage the execution of a content calendar - in line with the marketing calendar - that shifts brand perception and generates demand for the LIONS’ products and programmes
- Partner with The Head of Planning & Field to plan content, define campaign messaging and map customer journeys in order to maximise audience engagement with LIONS content
- Partner with Head of Product & Propositions to define messaging for LIONS products and key customer segments
- Partner with the Head of PR to define a brand partnership strategy
- Exceptional copywriting skills. Your copy has stopping power, makes people think and dream
- Creativity and storytelling: you are an unlimited source of creative, original ideas to shape content that people want to spend time with and talk to others about
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication, collaboration, and problem-solving abilities
- A proactive self-starter, who does not need to be told what to do, you will be resourceful in order to find solutions to any challenge
- Passionate and curious about all aspects of the business - especially when bridging the gap between our content and our brand: you have an entrepreneurial mindset
- The ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- The ability to work well with a diverse team and build relationships across the business
- Degree in Communications/Marketing/English related field or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree preferable
- Proven experience in proactively leading on the creation of award-winning content and campaigns or content / campaigns that have driven exceptional audience engagement. What we’d like to know: has your work truly transformed a business or a programme? Has your work reached really high organic engagement? Has your audience become your first distribution channel?
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
About Cannes Lions
We’ve been championing creativity since 1954. Today, we’re the world’s biggest festival for the creative and marketing communications, entertainment, design and tech industries.
Join us, and you’ll be joining an events company with a strong purpose – we believe in our product, and that creativity can save the world. We have a truly global outlook, allowing you to speak to some of the world’s most fast moving and exciting businesses
Cannes Lions is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?