We're looking for a Head of Commercial Finance to join us in London and become an integral part of our Ascential Edge team.
- Oversee Global Management Reporting & Analysis
- Work closely with Functional leaders & Senior Managers to:
- Ensure they are clear what their budget is, costs incurred, variances between budget and their latest forecast, so they can make informed business decisions based on accurate financial information.
- Support on ad hoc business planning, decision making.
- Key stakeholder supporting the communication of Finance Compliance & Controls.
- Responsible for review & sign-off of the monthly result, ensuring that the result is consistent with forecast, and if not explain any variances.
- Responsible for the monthly Financial Forecast models.
- Prepare monthly functional data packs, Dashboards and analysis to be included in the monthly Board Pack.
- Lead the Annual Budget Planning for the functions.
- Provide Accurate and timely analysis, meeting reporting deadlines.
- Be entrepreneurial and drive continuous improvement in how the business analyze the function, its’ key drivers both financial and operation, and how these are reported.
- Develop good working relationships with key functional leaders and their management teams.
- Work successfully with multinational teams and colleagues in a collaborative manner, sharing best practice and knowledge.
- Accounting Technical: ACA, CIMA, CPA
- Business: MBA, CFA, Masters Finance
- Experience managing a Global Team based across North America, EMEA and Asia
- Experience business partnering -> engaging with CFO, and VP`s of other functions, working closely
- Experience in `building/scaling/start-up`
- Managing with Ambiguity
- Tenacious / Autonomous attitude to getting work done
- Highly Proficient in Excel, Hyperion Essebase, Salesforce
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
Edge by Ascential™ delivers some of the industry’s most accurate and actionable sales-driving data, insights and advisory solutions for global brands and retailers looking to win in today’s ecommerce-driven world.
Formerly Brand View, Clavis Insight, One Click Retail and PlanetRetail RNG, Edge by Ascential was launched in October of 2018, bringing four brands under one roof. Our market leading products are a product of our people and we are always in the market for top talent.
If you are interested in progressing your career, this position represents a great opportunity to join our team at an exciting stage in its development and expansion. Edge is headquartered in London, with offices in the USA, UK, China, Germany and France. Find out more at www.ascentialedge.com
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?